311 Receiver and Wide Screen

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

josh088

Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
I have a 311 Receiver and want to record to my connected DVR in 16x9 mode, is this possible with this receiver?

No it is a SD and shows what DISH broadcasts. IF DISH broadcasts in letter box you will get 16x9 but with bars.

Thanks for the info, what would be a good model to go with? We dont need HD, just 16x9 mode.

No HD receiver, no full screen 16x9.

What if I add an HD receiver, but do not add an HD package? Does that work? This is for my company we analyze coprorate advertising in sports broadcasts and our scanning system does not support HD, but our client wants to know if we can still scan in 16x9 mode.

What if I add an HD receiver, but do not add an HD package? Does that work? This is for my company we analyze coprorate advertising in sports broadcasts and our scanning system does not support HD, but our client wants to know if we can still scan in 16x9 mode.
If no HD but an HD receiver, all you can do is "stretch" the image, distorting it.

If you have an HD receiver and no HD package, Dish will charge you a $7 HD enabling fee.

You may as well pay $10 and get the HD too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts