311k showing both tuners

vash1090

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
AZ
Today I did a TC on a 311k. It was losing signal on only some channels. One sat feed coming in to port 1 only, but the check switch showed both tuners connected (DPP Twin w/seperator). Unhooked it and cleared the sats, then connected to port 2 and got the same result of both connected.

Fixed it by giving it the seperator it was looking for, but has anyone else run into that problem?

311k is a 322 designed to work with just one satellite in feed. If anything is hooked up to the home distribution the other TV will show the same thing as TV 1. I am checking right now to see if that is normal functions for the matrix to show both satellite one and two both showing okay. On a dual receiver the matrix has to match to get passed the installation summary screen and I am assuming it would have to be the same with the 311k. As soon as I get confirmation or the correct answer I will post it.

That was just a general instructional lesson. I've already installed 311k's and had them work correctly, where the connected tuner tests out correctly and the other tuner lists as Not Connected. Since it is a 311k, it will allow you to go past that screen and continue on to start the download. That is why I posted this as an issue I had not seen before.

That was just a general instructional lesson. I've already installed 311k's and had them work correctly, where the connected tuner tests out correctly and the other tuner lists as Not Connected. Since it is a 311k, it will allow you to go past that screen and continue on to start the download. That is why I posted this as an issue I had not seen before.

There was a response asking if you were sure that you didn't have a 322, but that post is gone and the quote function wasn't working. That's why I explained what the 311k was. I personally haven't got to see a 311k yet so I wasn't sure if it was working that way or not. I agree with HIFI that it sounds like a software issue.

There was a response asking if you were sure that you didn't have a 322, but that post is gone and the quote function wasn't working. That's why I explained what the 311k was. I personally haven't got to see a 311k yet so I wasn't sure if it was working that way or not. I agree with HIFI that it sounds like a software issue.
WHY DOES DISH CAUSE SUCH CONFUSION? Why take a 311 and add a K when it has no relationship to a 311, wouldn't a 322K make more sense?

WHY DOES DISH CAUSE SUCH CONFUSION? Why take a 311 and add a K when it has no relationship to a 311, wouldn't a 322K make more sense?

I believe the reason it is called a 311k is because the 311 is a solo receiver. The middle number in the model number refers to the number of TVs it can run.

Good point except the last number should indicate the number of tuners it has, ergo a 312, like a 612, or a 512.

Is the 311k a separate receiver that is built like a 322 but only works as a 311, or is it still a 322 but when only one sat input is connected it operates in "311k" mode? I see 311k is on the software chart with the same software as the 322, but the release notes make no mention of 311k or use with a single tuner.

Is the 311k a separate receiver that is built like a 322 but only works as a 311, or is it still a 322 but when only one sat input is connected it operates in "311k" mode? I see 311k is on the software chart with the same software as the 322, but the release notes make no mention of 311k or use with a single tuner.
Whether you have one tuner or both connected, it only outputs one picture, like the 512. On that note, why are they making 512s out of 625s also and not just out of old 522s? I never liked the 522 anyways, why ruin a perfectly good 625?

The 522 and 625 are the same thing except for the size of hard drive.

I stopped trying to make sense of their numbering scheme years ago, about the time that the 622 was released, functionally superior yet a lesser number than 625, 721, 811, 921 and 942.

From my experience, I know the 311k runs a check switch on both tuners, and it takes FOREVER to finish, but after that the 2nd tuner disappears. These things are nothing but a time killer and a PITA for the techs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)