32.0 UHF 2g remote

pjw1967

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
The Woodlands, TX
Hi. Searched first but nothing found. I recently got the Hopper and it is exceeding expectations. Go figure. The folks on the Dish Support forum have been extremely helpful. I have a remote problem that we can't seem to solve, so I'm casting a wider net to see if someone can advise what to do.

I have a 32.0 UHF 2g remote that is supposed to work with the Hopper. I did the procedure to clear previous codes and got the descending 3 tone notice that it worked. Before checking, I tried to pair it myself. I held down the SAT and Input buttons but it didn't work. When I checked on the Dish Support forum, I was advised to just hold the SAT button down and touch it to the antenna. No go. But I think the problem is with the remote. When the I hold the SAT button down, I don't get the flash of red from the other 3 buttons, nor does the SAT button start to blink. I think it needs to be blinking to pair with the Hopper. It also needs to blink if I want to try to the code clearing procedure again.

So.....does anyone know how to trick the remote so that the SAT button will blink?

Thanks in advance.

Are you on the system info screen on the Hopper when trying to pair the remote? I know Hoppers/Joeys come with 40.0 remotes.

Yes, thanks. I am on the System Info screen when trying to pair. I have a 40, but the 32 is supposed to work. When I hold the SAT button down on the 40 for 3 secs, the other 3 buttons flash red and the green SAT button starts to blink. I think that means it is in pairing mode. The 32 won't blink no matter how long I hold it down. None of the other buttons will blink when they are held down. I've tried removing the batts, using fresh batts to no avail.

Don't hold sat down. Just press it repeatedly while in the system info screen till you get the beeps.

Nada. Pressed 50+ times at varying speeds on the Info screen with the remote touching the antenna. If I wanted to pair any of the other buttons with a device, I can't because those buttons won't blink either. Thanks.

Either your remote is shot, or batteries are dead. If no lights come on at all, then I'm going with remote is shot. Also, are you on the info screen, or the system info screen. Those are two completely different screens

I'm on the system info screen where it tells me that one remote is paired. It says to pair another remote, press the SAT button. Yes, the remote may be toast. But what are the odds? The remote performed the code clearing task perfectly. I got the descending tone. Then I pressed Input and SAT at the same time, thinking it was like a 40. From that point on, the SAT button on the remote won't blink after I let go of the button. Rhetorically speaking, did I press the only 2 buttons on the remote that would disable it? No big tragedy here. Just a real curiosity.

My 32.0 just paired fine. I just pulled up system info on my Hopper and hit Sat and it beeped and the remote appeared on the screen and functions.

Thanks, lucky86. Do you remember if your green SAT button was flashing when you paired? If you press and hold the SAT button now, does it start to blink after a few seconds?

Why would you do that? Just open system info and press satellite one time. It beeped to confirm pair and started working. I took the batteries out and tossed it back in my kids toy bucket so i can't confirm whether or not it blinked, I don't remember.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

pjw1967, I just took one of my spare 32.0 UHF 2g remote controls and paired it to one of my Hoppers by the following procedure. After installing batteries in the remote I put the Hopper in System Info screen mode by pressing the Hopper front panel SYS INFO button. With the remote control about two feet from the Hopper I did a fast press and release SAT button. The SAT button blinked three times as I heard three chirps. The remote was paired and worked good. Since you asked the question about the SAT blinking green lite, I then pressed and held down the SAT button for approximately three seconds, the three other divice lites turned on red (TV, DVD, AUX). When I released the SAT button it remained blinking green and the other three red lites turned off. After about 20 seconds the SAT green blinking lite went out. Remote was still paired and worked good. I will leave batteries in this romote control until you let me know in case there is something else you want me to perform for you.

I just got this from DISH and was asked to pass it along. :) So that's what I am doing!

The 32.0 remote is not guaranteed to work with Hoppers, Joeys, and our future XiP/ZiP products. Only the original Hopper/Joey designs that used a Freescale RF4CE radio will work with the 32.0 remotes. We are now using ST and, very shortly, TI RF4CE radios. The 32.0 remote will not work with the new generation of Hopper/Hopper with Sling.

Wow. Ok. That is very useful. Would you say it is a safe bet, just to say if you tryed to program it, and it didn't work, you're sol? Just for future reference.

I just got this from DISH and was asked to pass it along. :) So that's what I am doing!

WOW, my 32.0 remote works great with my HWSs. About the only thing I can't seem to get to work is the backup wizard. Anyway, wonder what the future XiP/ZIP products is all about! And also wonder when the new generation Hopper/Hopper with Sling is coming out!

Last edited:
Strange they are mention XiP and zip. Thhe hopper technically is a xip813. Joe went in record and said he wants he wants the animal names, so that people can talk about it and not sound crazy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts