32 IR Remote

ross9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Ms Coast
Hopper comes with a 40 IR remote. Can the 32 IR remote we purchased be linked as an extra to a Hopper.
Not sure what the differences are.

Hopper comes with a 40 IR remote. Can the 32 IR remote we purchased be linked as an extra to a Hopper.
Not sure what the differences are.

Yes, you can link the 32.0 remote to the Hopper to use as a spare. Press the system info button on the front of the Hopper, and (with the remote very close to the antenna) press the "SAT" button on the remote to link it to the Hopper

The 32.0 doesn't use IR at all to communicate with the sat receivers. Just make sure to place the 32 VERY close (literally on top of the receiver) while linking. 40.0 doesn't have that issue.

Yes, you can link the 32.0 remote to the Hopper to use as a spare. Press the system info button on the front of the Hopper, and (with the remote very close to the antenna) press the "SAT" button on the remote to link it to the Hopper
Still not working. The remote shows up on the screen as linked but it will not function. I can select the "find remote" option and and it does work. Next to the 1st linked remote there is a green dot but not on the one I am trying to add. Is there something else I should be doing?

Try to de-link, and re-link it again, and even reset the Hopper. I use a 32.0 with my Hopper (couldn't get the 40.0 to work my AVR)
Matt
Haven't had time to play with this for a few days. Done all of the above. I have 2 32 remotes that were linked to our 922. I am trying to link 1 of these as a second remote to a hopper that i will mirror with an outside tv. Both react the same when I link them.(on both Hoppers) They show they are linked but the remote will not work the Hopper. The #1 remote shows a green dot to the left of the remote name but not on the one I'm trying to link. Can I not have 2 remotes on a Hopper? I have read posts from people that have used a 32 but not sure they were a second remote. I have also taken the batteries out of the remote and tried differant ways to unlink and clear the remote. ???

Just found this:
ajohnson5
  • HOLY CROW!!! I finally found the solution (after Dish Network techs couldn't figure it out over the phone). I simply changed the Remote number key (the "1" or "2" designation at the bottom of the remote) to "1". Presto-- fully working 32.0 remotes on my Hopper. I figured it was something simple. I hope this helps someone else!!!

Last edited:
Were you able to get it working? I know it is possible to have a 32.0 and 40.0 both linked to the Hopper at the same time (I have it setup this way in my home). I do have the "1" facing out on my 32.0

Were you able to get it working? I know it is possible to have a 32.0 and 40.0 both linked to the Hopper at the same time (I have it setup this way in my home). I do have the "1" facing out on my 32.0
Changed to "1" facing out and paired with no problems. Everything working great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)