322 help

Don C

Original poster
Jan 31, 2010
NJ
Hi guy's I was hoping someone here could give me some help. I had a 301 in my living room and replaced it with a 322. Now I can only get one tuner to work. I don't know what dish I have on the roof but it has 4 cables coming out of it. It also has 2 SW21's on the dish. I used the splitter the came with the reciver but it wouldn't work. I took the one of SW21's out and ran both cables from one of the switchies to the 322. Well I can only get half of the channels and no guide. Seems like I'm only getting one sat. on each tuner. I ended up putting the SW21 back in behind the 322 and back to one reciver. I have called dish a four times and they don't know what to tell me and want to send a tech out for $100 plus the repair and parts. I'm thinking I need a dpp44 but I'm not sure. What do you guy's think? Any one run into this yet? I don't have a problem buying the switch or butting it in just want to make sure this will fix it. Thanksa guy's.

Don C

But isn't the 301 DPP? How would I run a second coax from the SW21 when it only has one output? If I replace the lnb would the dish need to be reaimed? Thanks for your help. I thought this was going to be easy. Dish is the one that told me I would need a DPP44. Like I said before I have 4 wire coming out of my dish and two lnb's. Would I have to replace both of them? Or just the one to the 322?

Your dish has legacy LNBs. You need to leave both sw21s in place and use both lines from the sw21s to the 322. Your other receiver then will not have a connection. A DPP44 wont work with your dish's LNBs but a SW44 or SW64 would. Best solution is to replace the LNBs and SW21s with a DPP Twin LNB for your dish which can feed two receivers of any model directly (one must be a DP or DPP) and works with the separator. No re-aim needed.

Last edited:
Which lnb's do you guys recommend? I have the 322 and like a hv1 or something like that. I would like in the summer put the 322 in our bedroom ans share it with our son and get a dual tuner high def for the living room and the family room but I'm not doing that till the summer.

Don C

Don C in the above posts you have been told you need a DPP Twin. A Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB has the needed switch to get both 110 and 119 which you are getting through your SW21 switches. The DPP Twin also allows the use of the separator yhat came with your 322 to allow a single cable to feed both tuners.

This summer upgrade to HDTV through DISH and they should install the correct dish and do any wiring changes you need.

Thanks I'll order on up right now. Thanks guy's you made my wifes grandmom a happy lady.

Don C

Thanks guy's installed the DPP dual LNB tonight did the switch test and all TV's up and running. Got a happy gram's now. Thanks.

Don C

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts