322 installation need help.

cal

Original poster
Nov 9, 2004
The way my sat dish is set up is lnb for 119 and lnb 110. I dont need a scond tv connection 1 will do .Can I run wire straight from lnb 119 to the back of 322 sat 1 and 110 wire to sat 2? Or do i need a switch there is a switch up there i ran it to the back of the 322 but it only picks up 119 but if i use a old fta receiver it picks up 119 and 110 so I know 110 is working.

So what you are saying is you have 2 single lnb's, one for each orbital, and there is a switch, but when you run the cable from the switch to the 322, it only picks up 119 correct.

Sounds like you have either a 34 switch or some legacy switch, not a current Dish Pro plus switch.

To answer your question as simply as i can with out knowing all exact products on install...,..

No you cannot run one wire from each lnb and to each sat port on the back of the reciever. It wont work right.

If the switch is a dish pro or earlier type switch you will need to run 2 cables from the switch to the 322, one to each sat port on the reciever.

So yes use the switch, run 2 cables from switch to rec. Should work. Unless the switch went bad.

There are so many variables with installs from the past it is hard to determine exactly how it all needs to be hooked up without you giving descriptions of the equipment, pr posting pictures of the products.

I hope what i did post helps out.

On the other hand, if he has a twin, even legacy, then two cables to the 322 should work. If he has two duals, then a pair of SW21's and two cables should also work.

Buy a DPP twin and bracket, pop that onto one of your 500 dish's, 1 wire to the 322 with a separator and your life will be much more grand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)