34613 Antenna Selection Help

Looks like you are on your way to having something that works for you. Are you planning on using guy wires on the poll. I'm not a big fan of using EMT in this application. Especially with two antennas. The wall material is kind of thin. I usually buy chain-link fence top rail for my antenna masts. We get some pretty high winds here and I've never had an issues using the top rail material.

I feel fortunate that the TV towers in my neighborhood are only 10 miles away. Antenna height isn't a problem either. The transmitter site is located on top of a 10,500' mountain. I could attach my coax to a fountain pen and get good reception. ;)

It's 2" EMT, much stronger than fence top rail post in my opinion.

Once I get there second antenna up I plan to take the leaf blower to try and simulate some wind and see how it behaves. Also if signal strength is strong enough I'll lower the antennas some and cut off the top

Reactions: FTA4PA
Nope. Only has 2 coax connections, one for combined input and one output.
I have a second one coming from Amazon cause I thought they sent the wrong one by mistake. But the one's at Lowes were all single input/single output.
Sorry they changed it. Thank you for pointing it out to us though. I will check elsewhere to get a spare. Good luck getting everything set up! :)
Well, checked the local Lowes which said they had 7 in stock. Found two in an aisle other than where they said they were and both were the wrong one so will be looking elsewhere. :(

Well, checked the local Lowes which said they had 7 in stock. Found two in an aisle other than where they said they were and both were the wrong one so will be looking elsewhere. :(

Yep. Looks like RCA is trying to save some money and got rid of the combiner functionality. I ended up ordering the Stellar Labs combiner from Amazon. Been working great so far.

Reactions: FTA4PA
It's 2" EMT, much stronger than fence top rail post in my opinion.

Once I get there second antenna up I plan to take the leaf blower to try and simulate some wind and see how it behaves. Also if signal strength is strong enough I'll lower the antennas some and cut off the top

So far so good on the mount. We're getting all the available locals from Tampa with perfect picture quality, no drops so far.

I'll take some pictures when I get home from work.

The current mount seems plenty strong enough but I am going to try lowering the antennas a little anyways just to be safe. If we don't lose anything then I'll cut off some of the EMT length.

Reactions: TheKrell and FTA4PA
Yep. Looks like RCA is trying to save some money and got rid of the combiner functionality. I ended up ordering the Stellar Labs combiner from Amazon. Been working great so far.
I used a Stellar Labs combiner before my current setup. They are definitely good products. I just need to squeeze out every bit of signal because of our location so I switched to the RCA combiner/amp. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)