36 inch ku dish with stab motor setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tracybuffalo

Original poster
May 14, 2007
i 've had my ku dish set up stationary , now i'm adding a stab 90 motor which satellite do i point it at to get staerted ??? my zip code is 46251 -indianapolis in. after i find my satellite for my area ,will my motor hone in the other satellies ??? i,m a little confused where to start ...i,m running a coolsat recevier.. thanks for any input...thanks tracybuffalo:confused:

couple of ways to skin the cat . . .

Here is just one way of many to proceed. . .
Poke in your Zip Code to this web page, and it'll give you your due south satellite to aim at, as well as a nice PDF printout of all the satellites to aim for.

Here is another way . . .
The Sadoun site has technical help, with details specific to the different motors.

But, if any of that confuses, please ask and I'm sure you can get clarification here on the forum.

If you use USALS to drive the motor, you will program your latitude and longitude into the receiver, and from there the receiver will move the motor accurately to the satellites across the arc. For this to work correctly, however, you will have to tell the motor to go to a satellite close to due south and aim/peak the dish/motor assembly on that satellite.

If you use DiSEqC 1.2 to move the motor, you'll have to program in each satellite position manually.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fortec Comparison

Toroidal dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)