3618 satellite scanning/programming questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg,

I upgraded the software into the 3618, to be honest, I couldn't see any difference. The screen and everything else looked the same and it took the usual 17 to 20 minutes to do a scan. The worst part was I had to re-enter all of my information, it's been a long day. We went to to the DMSIUSA
site and downloaded the 3618 software and it went smooth like you said, just didn't get the results I expected. This update was dated December 03, I got my box in November 03, it went bad in December and they sent me a new one in January. Could it the possible that the upgrade software is the same as what was installed in the one I have? My neighbor helped me out with this and wanted me to check with you and see if we downloaded the right thing. We downloaded the first line with the version number and assumed that the whole library be with it. Please advise.

Jim
The one I downloaded was dated 5/4/04 on the DMSI site and shows up in the system info meny as April 04.

Iceberg,

I got everything figured out. The first 3 times it connected and completed, but nothing happened. So then I stumbled into the accessory list, then system update, changed transfer type to read PC to IRD and transfer mode to software and it locked right in. Checked the system info and it changed from 3 Dec 03 to 27 Apr 04. The only thing that puzzles me is that the hardware says it's a ST3600, version 2.00. Is there a Satwork ST 3600? If there is, is there a possibility that Satwork or Skyvision snookered me by slapping a 3618 nameplate on a 3600 to get rid of the 3600s?

I can see a change in the scan time when there are a lot of signals, but on satellites that are kinda bare it takes forever. When it starts the scan it goes pretty fast, as soon as it hits the signals it slows down, understandable, but when it gets past the signals in to dead space it does not speed up again.

Also, mine will double scan, does yours? For example, when I scan G10 I will get 20 signals, the second 10 are a repeat of the first ten. So what I have been doing is I notice what frequency is the first one and when it shows up again I exit. This seems to speed things up.

Diamond Jim said:
Also, mine will double scan, does yours? For example, when I scan G10 I will get 20 signals, the second 10 are a repeat of the first ten. So what I have been doing is I notice what frequency is the first one and when it shows up again I exit. This seems to speed things up.

When I used it, it would only scan one set of signals.

I keep coming across that word, now that I want to give you an example, I can't find it anywhere. There is something on the Satworks that tells you if you did this it will reset the "parameters". I think I saw it when I put the 3688 software on the 3618. "Factory Default will reset the bla bla bla and the parameters." I have seen the term used elsewhere. Maybe Pete knows what I am talking about, because I sure as h*ll don't.

e.g.

Satellite Parameters:

Eutelsat W1 at 10 degrees East
Transponder B5, channel b
Polarisation Horizontal
SCPC (MPEG-2 DVB)
F= 11.143 MHz , SR=5.632 MS/sec, FEC=3/4

The Satworks 3618 does not pick up all of the signals on a blind scan. How do I know this? I did an advanced blind scan on AMC 6 with starting freq of 12100 and ending at 12200, I picked up two signals, none of which were the starting or ending freq. I then did a general blind scan and only picked up 1 signal, 12100. Why didn't 12100 show up on the advanced and the other two on the advanced show up on the blind scan? I then bumped the dish 2 clicks, did another general blind scan and picked up two signals that were missed on the two previous scans. In the case of KUIL moving from AMC 6 to AMC 4, I did numerous blind scans with no luck, as soon as the numbers were posted I did a manual and it locked right on. What goes here? Am I screwing up, or is this box unreliable? :confused: :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Found IA 6 last night

Ku dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts