362 WEAHD - Audio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

levibluewa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
WA, OR, CA
Anyone else notice very low audio level on the HD channel? SD audio is ok. Thursday 10PM Pacific Time.

Also, does Directv have an 800# to report technical issues such as this, OR, just the 800-531-5000 number.

800 and just manage you way through the menu.

Although there can be slight variations in audio levels HD channels, especially if multi-channel audio (5.1 and up) will be softer than their SD or 2 chnl audio counterparts and require a bump up in the volume as it were. Sometimes you may be on an HD channel but it may not be 5.1 or up and you might need to adjust your soundfield setting if you are going through a A/V receiver (which you did not mention your connection method).

It definitely has lower volume. It isn't just slightly due to a difference in stereo vs. 5.1. I tried all those options, it's just extremely low audio. I have to almost double my Denon's volume to make it match the other channels.

I still wonder why DirecTV doesn't "level" all the audio before they send it out, much the same as a radio DJ adjusts levels on the board before it hits the transmitter.

I think I read that they prefer to pass it along exactly; especially in the cases of DD audio so the they do not risk any interference with discrete audio levels.

That makes sense, wouldn't want people calling it "DD lite" ! :D
(But couldn't they do it for the feeds that don't have DD?)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts