$39 more for Hd

jappleboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
I see Directv is now asking $39 more to see Mlb extra innings in HD. They also say all Mlb extra innings games will be in HD next year. I see a BIG PRICE INCREASE going up. This is what will happen now that Directv has the package. Do i here $ 200 plus baseball fans:eek:

IF you want more hd sports you are going to have to pay for it. That is why I like Dish better . They don't go for the overpriced sports packages and then pass it along to all of their subscribers like Directv does.

That's alot of dough to shell out for the privelege of watching it at your home.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather spend the $200 on a nice pair of tickets for one game of the season.

$200 is getting a bit high for the MLB EI pacakge, but I can see diehard baseball fans paying it without much issue. Though for the higher price youy should also get OTA games and Phillies / Padres / Blue Jays feeds.

Pricing is a bit trickey for D*. Yes, there certainly those diehard fans who will pay pretty much whatever is required but pricing is like a pyramid. Generally the higher price charged the fewer takers. Most companies know this and try to price accordingly where they can get the most return for their product while retaining the most customers. D* may have a bit of a problem in this area since I believe they way overpaid MLB to get exclusive rights and they may be forced to charge higher rates for MLB to avoid losses but their risk is that there may be fewer takers at higher prices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)