$399 Installed for VOOM? (Yes, it is confirmed...)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I aggree with "Whitepants" gripe...

I too (just two weeks ago) paid the $749.00 + tax fee for the Voom system and installation while people one mile north (Minnesota) of me could order it for the deeply discounted price. Whitepants math makes perfect sense to me. I don't think you understand DarrellP!!! Maybe you are one of "the lucky ones" to live in the "Big 10" states...I for one was not!

DarrellP said:
whitepants, I don't understand your gripe, this sounds like an excellent deal to me.

I'm not one of the lucky ones, but I sure wouldn't gripe if I had free programming since inception plus another $300 credit, what's wrong with that?

I only signed up two weeks ago as well and I live in California.. All I had to do was mention some flyer and I would have saved $350.. I'm sorry but they don't give me much choice other than CXling.

$300 credit

You must have not read all of my post. I have not had Voom since inception (unless you think two week is long enough) and even if I had, according to what I have read on this forum and others, there was not a whole lot of selection and quality movies to had for quite some time. I understand this is improving, but the point is, why not gripe since I paid alot more than some others for the same service and they too are offered the $300.00 credit according the the e-mail I received! Yes, $300.00 is good, but not good enough for me!!!

DarrellP said:
I'm not one of the lucky ones, but I sure wouldn't gripe if I had free programming since inception plus another $300 credit, what's wrong with that?

roadtrip said:
You must have not read all of my post. I have not had Voom since inception (unless you think two week is long enough) and even if I had, according to what I have read on this forum and others, there was not a whole lot of selection and quality movies to had for quite some time. I understand this is improving, but the point is, why not gripe since I paid alot more than some others for the same service and they too are offered the $300.00 credit according the the e-mail I received! Yes, $300.00 is good, but not good enough for me!!!

So have you decided if you are going to CXL VOOM then?

I am quite sure I will cancel Voom, I told the CSR that I would not spend $799.00 for a Voom HD STB when I just spent $399.00 for a Hughes HIRD E86 Directv HD STB almost a year ago and with no commitment.

I would rather spend $1000 on a TIVO/HD DVR that is comming out soon, than the $799.00 on the Voom STB. She could not dissagree with me and said to try it and cancell if I wanted to and wait for a TIVO/Voom HD DVR which will probably be out later this year, then I would consider Voom.

I have too many decoder boxes to replace to make the switch at Voom at their current prices. That is how my math works out for me.
Call me cheap, probably!!! I don't like throwing my money out the door every day...maybe every other! (grin)

How about you?

whiteypants said:
So have you decided if you are going to CXL VOOM then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)