3ABN now available to both Dish Network subs and Sky Angel subs

I had a nice meeting yesterday with the Sky Angel folks. They told me they don't know of any plans by Dish to put up 3ABN, however anything is possible. :)

It was announced on 3ABN last Thursday night. They would go back on 61.5 as a PI channel and they would be given they old Channel number back 9710. If Sky Angel viewers would request the PI Channel they would be able to watch 3ABN again also. I don't think you have to have a Dish subscription to get the PI Channels as long as you have Sky Angel and request the PI Channls. Also 3ABN would be available to all Dish subscribers who have any of Dishes packages with the PI Channels. Dish Family subscribers have to request the PI package and have a dish pointed at 61.5. I don't know if they will mirror 3ABN on another Satellite.

I find this dubious. It could be correct but AFAIK the 9700 range belongs to Sky Angel and Not Dish. Dish cannot add a channel in the 9700 range. They do not own it unless there has been a deal with SA which is even more dubious.

Sky Angel owns the 9700 range. The folks at Sky Angel know nothing of this either or at least aint talking! The 3ABN web page has not been updated with the news of this channel coming to Dish and still has info on petitioning Dish to carry the channel. It also has been updated as of 4/19 which is when this announcement was made.

Again I am not saying that this is untrue. All I am saying is that things aren't adding up!

BTW for those keeping score, channel 9710 was the channel 3ABN was on until Dish suffered a technical failure of some sort forcing SA to lose Golden Eagle, Spirit 24/7 and 3ABN.

See ya
Tony

I watched 3ABN and heard them announce this, why would they lie?

Channel 9710 is just a virtual channel. They put 3ABN on different transponder then it was on before and assigned the virtual channel number 9710 back to them.

I watched 3ABN and heard them announce this, why would they lie?

Channel 9710 is just a virtual channel. They put 3ABN on different transponder then it was on before and assigned the virtual channel number 9710 back to them.
I think sky angel controls that channel range..thats why it doesn't make sense. Wouldn't they perfer to be next to another similar type PI channel such as TBN?

Lie and mistaken, misunderstood (by the speaker or the listner), misspoken, and many other terms are often interchanged even though they never mean the same thing.

A lie is an intentinal attempt to mislead or to knowingly tell an untrue story.

The others are just what they say they are.

Again, I am not saying it isn't going to happen. But given what I can see and what can be verified today, I do not believe the story as told. It doesn't make sense!

See ya
Tony

...I do not believe the story as told. It doesn't make sense!
Seems to me that the only thing that doesn't make sense is the 9710 channel number and absence of any knowledge of this at Sky Angle (as reported by Scott). This is a detail that could easily be confused by somebody, somewhere. I can even imagine Dish trying to do right by their Sky Angel contract and mapping it to 9710 as well as 94xx, eventually.

I think 3ABN had just had a meeting with Echostar that day. So things may not be finalized yet. Sky Angel probably doesn't know yet because it really doesn't concern them directly. If Scott mentioned it to them already, I am sure they will have the details shortly if they care to know.

The 3ABN web page has not been updated with the news of this channel coming to Dish and still has info on petitioning Dish to carry the channel. It also has been updated as of 4/19 which is when this announcement was made.

With the Amazing Facts/3ABN merger happening, I imagine everything has been up in the air over there. The announcement that was posted on 4/19 on the 3ABN website was just a cut and past from Amazing Facts. I believe they just found out about this PI channel on Thursday and announced it as a surprise Thursday evening on a Special 3ABN Today program. Adventist ministries only work half a day on Friday so it isn't surprising nothing was posted yesterday. If it isn't updated on Monday or Tuesday it must be because nothing is finalized.

Ah... It's only available as a pack? My mother would be delighted to get 3ABN, but if she saw a few seconds of the HHS channel, I would never hear the end of it! :eek: (I work for the FDA...)

So... do you know why, exactly, HHS TV is nothing but a two hour loop of "pandemic flu panic" programs? They don't have anything else? Even in the archives?

(My suggestion is they should have a late night feature of old public health films which now appear hopelessly retro and out of touch. It would be a great hit with college students, and others who can appreciate the irony and sarcasm that viewing such films would create.)

Something else I have wondered about is why HHS TV cannot be found on the HHS website. I spent a while, looking high and low, and could not find anything relating to that department having a TV channel.

I said long time ago that 3abn should be given a dish PI channel. A lot of the programming among those channels is poorly lacking, or non existent.

I don't see how 3abn could be back on satellite 61.5, and still be given back the number 9710. I guess anything' s possible; I'll have to see that.

Like Shane mentioned, it is all being worked out. Hopefully we will have some definitive information about 3ABN's return sometime this week.

Darryl Bishop aka Kountzer

I said long time ago that 3abn should be given a dish PI channel. A lot of the programming among those channels is poorly lacking, or non existent.
But the last time Dish tried that (had Daystar as a PI channel) SA sued Dish.

I don't see how 3abn could be back on satellite 61.5, and still be given back the number 9710. I guess anything' s possible; I'll have to see that.

Dish can add it because they have room on 61.5
quick check of Lyngsat and they could add it to TP10 (only 7 video channels there), 15 (7 channels), TP23 (6 channels) or 29 (4 channels). Normal transponder can hold 12 video channels (HD is only 2 or 3 in most cases)

as to where they would add it, I could see 9409 which was just vacated by RFD TV

I hate to keep on being negative about this, but it just doesn't smell right. I hope I am wrong. There was a mention about this on one TV show on Thursday night and NOTHING else from any other sources on Friday, Saturday and now Sunday. No news print, no web sites except for several forums regurgitating the same infor and sometimes with completely wrong or unintentionally misleading spin. Nothing!

I want to be wrong about this, but I really have serious doubts.

And BTW, if 3ABN does come on Dish, my bet is on Almavision's slot. This channel has been showing a "coming soon" slate for 2 months.

See ya
Tony

This is a quote from a live online interview with Danny Shelton the president of 3ABN.

"If you watched the 3ABN live you saw that we announced we would be on Dish Network in the next two to three weeks.
Muliple thousands of honest SDA's and other Christians anxious for the Gospel Message to go into all the world wrote to Dish Network asking for them to carry 3ABN.

Only a handful that I am aware of wrote in to try and stop it.
God will make a way for His message to go to all the world!"

3ABN on Dishnetwork

Good News! has anyone notice that channel 9710 3ABN EPG has become active? It is no longer "OFF AIR". The EPG now shows what is showing on 3ABN and that is telling me that the news of 3ABN coming to Dishnetwork is correct. Good news to all the people out there and SA subscribers.

God is Good!

Last edited:
Greggor48, you already have the PI channels, correct? I am thinking those that only have SkyAngel, without the PI channels, may not now it after 3ABN does return.

There is no video/audio on 9710 just an active EPG. It used to have "Off Air" before but last night I saw the EPG was active.

I just scanned 61.5 on the FTA box and the EPG does show up (channel is scrambled for obvious reasons). What is weird is the PIDS are the same as the ones that went out when 3ABN left and it is the same transponder (32).

So did they fix TP32?
Is it going to be on 9710?
Will it be on a different TP?
Different channel?

who knows :)

I have PI channels & Sky Angel (& DISHFamily), but 9710 does not show up for me. Do you need FTA system to receive 9710?

~MYB~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts