3ABN TV & Hope Channel on IA5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

greggor48

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
You know what would be interesting is if Hope Channel and 3ABN TV, 3ABN Latino, Lifetalk Radio, 3ABN Radio, Esperanza could come on Galaxy 25 (IA5), it would have made a wonderful Christian TV Network now that SkyAngel is moving away from satellite to IPTV.

With only one dish and LNBF to receive the signal not only in the USA but throughout the Caribbean; we in the Caribbean can simply use a 150cm offset dish to get all the Christian packages and that is thousand of viewers you are talking about.

Glorystar has a great setup for looking at both birds and the cost is very fair for the system. With this system you get all the Christian channels on G25 and AMC 4.
You can also get any of the other channels on the 2 birds.
Glorystar Christian Satellite Systems - Free Christian Satellite TV and Radio - Glorystar.tv - Glorystar Christian Satellite Systems
Also know as Satellite AV, Great company to deal with.

Sorry to hear this about SkyAngel I know of someone that just had a SkyAngel system installed and I asked them about it and they did not know anything about the service stopping yet.

Glorystar Setup may not for for us in the Caribbean who have to use larger dish. I am using a 180cm antenna. Most of what they make only serve the US market and not for us in the Caribbean ... it so sad.

don't give up so easily

The Glorystar dish and dual LNB mount is handy for USA customers, but nothing stops you putting two LNBs on your own larger dish.
The spacing and alignment is just different, depending on your location.
We SatGuys members have documented well, how to space two LNBs for two satellites on one dish.

I can see where the Glorystar web site might even come up with (tested) documents outlining the steps and spacing (along with parts list) for various locations where larger dishes are required.
Possibly north west Canada, north east Canada, Caribbean, Central America, and Alaska....?

The owner is pretty handy at making PDF files. . . (hint) :rolleyes:

The stuff on 101 is very strong so you should be able to aim a bigger dish at 97 and add a 2nd LNB for 101 :)

I did that once on my 180cm Channel Master dish and I get both sat but I will buy a 180cm ITB dish to do that on.

Here is a link to another thread discussing the reception of Glorystar (AMC4 / Galaxy25) in the Caribbean. Glorystar drop ships many 1.8M and 2.4M dishes to freight forwarders in Miami for delivery into the Caribbean. It is very easy to add another LNBF to these larger dishes for reception of a 2nd or 3rd satellite, but there cannot be a simple preformed bracket or measurement for these larger dishes with the varied Caribbean locations.

Glorystar Setup may not for for us in the Caribbean who have to use larger dish. I am using a 180cm antenna. Most of what they make only serve the US market and not for us in the Caribbean ... it so sad.

I am not only looking to do this for myself but I am looking of offering the channels on both satellite for hundreds of people who want to get the channels. I am looking for a working solution. The dish I have in mind is located here (International Trade Business - CubSat 50) and what I want to know is what bracket is suitable for working with it.

Finding the signal for using the 2 LNBF is no problem for me but I need an idea of the bracket that will work best. I was considering the magic bracket.

Most installers of fixed dish systems that we sell in the Caribbean order a pre-manufactured bracket like this. This images shows multiple LNBFs for five satellites.
MultiMountLNBF.jpg

That's plenty of satellites from one dish! Almost looks like a T-90 rail... I've often thought that a large (1.8M or larger) toroidal would be an interesting product :)

Yesterday I stack 2 LNBF on my 180cm Channel master. The center feed was on Galaxy 25 and Have good signal 60% and above and I offset the other LNBF for AMC-4 and get 3ABN above 60% and Hope at above 45%.

I was able to get all the Christian channels on IA5 and the main Adventist channels (Hope and 3ABN). That was using a custom made make shift bracket. I want to do this for hundreds of people here in my country (St. Vincent and the Grenadines) using the ITB 180cm antenna which give even a better signal than the Channel master antenna.

I am bringing in these antenna to offer the Christian channels and it's hard to make custom made brackets for so many antennas so I am looking for a bracket that can fit on the ITB 180cm antenna. Once it can fit I can do the rest to get the signal. It took me just 10 minutes to find both IA5 and AMC-4 signal with my make-shift bracket.

Once IA5 signal was lock-in finding AMC4 was no problem. I will be testing theis again on a ITB 150cm to see if i can get a good signal if not i will be testing it on the ITB 180cm Offset antenna.

I am looking to provide this service for hundreds of customers. The aim is to get the Gospel out there. Any ideas will be appreciated. If SatelliteAV can supply us with the antennas, receiver and LNBF we welcome them and we can market it as the Glorystar system.

can you post a picture of the way its setup now and receiving both sats.
there are brackets out there already made but they have to be setup for the satellites you want to tune so its not much better than the way i think you have it now. but with a picture we would have a better guess.

i currently can only locate a photo of one of the brackets , i haven't located a seller , these brackets seem to be popular in africa. but i would like one.
this one is for a prime focus dish

the second bracket is one you can use with an offset dish but don't know if the holder will support 65mm looks like it supports 40mm

Attachments

• bracket.jpg
    bracket.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 159
  • multi bracket.jpg
    multi bracket.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 170
Happy to be on board

Hello Hard Workers,

Just letting you folks know that I may not be posting but is always reading up on different issues and learning from you hard workers.

Thanks and keep up the good works

Caribbeanman

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)