3D Blu Ray Disc Titles to soon be out-

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
While at NAB 2008, I saw this booth for a company that is in the business of selling the cheap 3D glasses, the card board kind that you would get along with your movie when you buy it.

I got quite an education of the various systems out on 3D. One thing I learned is that there are several movies that will be released this summer in Blu Ray 3D. He wouldn't say which titles because of NDA but did say the BluRay process will make the quality of the 3D as good as the polarize process that requires a special monitor.

Whatever your thoughts are regarding 3D, I think it is cool to have a few movies that would work well in 3D to be available in the format.

The glasses technology being used for Blu Ray will be the cyan teal / red color system.

You know I feel its a great experience having a good blu-ray movie from my PS3 displayed on my Optoma HD70 at 120ish inches. But if they add good 3D quality movies I may never leave the house. Well I may need to leave to buy the Optoma HD80 1080p projector along with a new surround sound system to take advantage of Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master audio.:D

I watched Shrek 3D on my Sony Bravia XBR4 52" set recently. Even though it was a regular DVD (upconverted through my Sharp BD player) it still looked quite good. 3D is going to do well on BD, especially when viewed on a high quality 1080p display.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts