3D Comes To DISH Network

If ESPN3D shows up before ESPNU HD, then I will be very upset and disappointed.

I am speculating here, but I suspect it's because of GoogleTV integration. Those of you who have GoogleTV on a 922 anyway should try out this 3D movie just to see what happens. I'll bet that GoogleTV interferes in some way with the 3D, and you will have to take it out of the loop (turn it off?) in order to see the movie as it was intended. I further speculate that this will be fixed in a future firmware update of GoogleTV, and thereafter the 722's will get 3D, while the 922 will finally get GoogleTV integration.
The Logitech Revue only has HDMI 1.3 which dosen't support 3D so, will it ever be able to pass 3D? Isn't HDMI 1.4 required for that, which is one of the reason you need a new TV for 3D?

YES!! Dish Network has 3D!! ^_^

Too bad It's only a movie. Where are the live 3D Channels!!

If ESPN3D shows up before ESPNU HD, then I will be very upset and disappointed.

The Logitech Revue only has HDMI 1.3 which dosen't support 3D so, will it ever be able to pass 3D? Isn't HDMI 1.4 required for that, which is one of the reason you need a new TV for 3D?

HDMI 1.3 can pass 3D. Look at XBOX 360 and PS3. No problem.

HDMI 1.3 can pass 3D. Look at XBOX 360 and PS3. No problem.

How can the xbox 360 do 3d since it cannot play blue ray discs. Sony can update the hdmi software since the PS3 started with HDMI 1.2 and is now on 1.4.

I could be wrong on the ps3, but I own the latest 360 and their is no way it can read my blue ray discs.
Te

How can the xbox 360 do 3d since it cannot play blue ray discs. Sony can update the hdmi software since the PS3 started with HDMI 1.2 and is now on 1.4.

I could be wrong on the ps3, but I own the latest 360 and their is no way it can read my blue ray discs.
Te

Because the 360 doesn't have a bluray disk drive in it. If it had one, then you would be able to play blurays!

You dont need bluray to do 3d, as the latest call of duty is in 3D

3D is coming to other receivers as well.... its just that the 922 is the first one to get an update to do it. :)

But I do agree, I am not paying $7.99 for a bad movie. DISH Network's PPV prices are too high. If they lowered them I would order more movies, but when its $7.99 for one movie or $9.99 for a month of movies from Netflix guess which one I will choose. (And I am hearing 3D movies will soon be available for rent from Netflix anyways...)

DISH needs to learn that if they lowered their PPV pricing they would sell more, the increase in volume would make up for the loss in revenue.

That's great to hear, thanks for that information Scott. I just ordered my new JVC RS-50 3D D-ila projector and 4 pairs of glasses, and have about 15 Blu-ray 3D titles so far, but am excited to see more on Dish. I don't think I'd pay $7.99 for them through, I would much rather just wait for 2-3 months after the Blu-ray is released and find it used. Then I ca, watch it in 3D with lossless audio.

I am excited for the Sony chanel to come up. Have to admit I am a bit jealous of DirecTV's 3D channel, but I have always loved my Dish network service so I can wait it out.

Te

Microsoft refuses to offer an exterenal Blu-ray drive, which may have something to do with the fact they spent millions backing Hd-DVD and the format lost, so maybe some pride involved? Meanwhile, blu-ray is going mainstream and Microsoft should offer the drvie if they were smart.

Just curious if anyone with a 922 watched the 3D movie that was mentioned as available? Gotta admit I probably wouldn't pay $8 for that movie either (Cats vs. Dogs).:rolleyes: I might for another one though.

Ed

Just curious if anyone with a 922 watched the 3D movie that was mentioned as available? Gotta admit I probably wouldn't pay $8 for that movie either (Cats vs. Dogs).:rolleyes: I might for another one though.

Ed

Yes i did...or at least i tried. there must be some glitch on the new firmware because the gray info bar was stuck on the tv screen . since it was unwatchable i called dish tech department and inform them about it. They did not charge me for the movie
the pq under the info bar was very good altho i only watch it for a couple of minutes.

Yes i did...or at least i tried. there must be some glitch on the new firmware because the gray info bar was stuck on the tv screen . since it was unwatchable i called dish tech department and inform them about it. They did not charge me for the movie
the pq under the info bar was very good altho i only watch it for a couple of minutes.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

Ed

Microsoft refuses to offer an exterenal Blu-ray drive, which may have something to do with the fact they spent millions backing Hd-DVD and the format lost, so maybe some pride involved? Meanwhile, blu-ray is going mainstream and Microsoft should offer the drvie if they were smart.

More likely $ony won't authorize them.

I mentioned in another thread about my friend with the messed up eye. Becasue of people like him, 3D will never take off. Why force 3D on a person when they can't see it. For him the glasses only fixes a fuzzy picture into a regular HD image. There otherwise useless. Also, aren't we still trying to get HD access to all channels? Why try to force 3D now? Let's get HD 100% up and running then focus on lame 3D. The real world is all the 3D I need.
Makes sense to me. It's kind of like how most things in this world is geared towards right handed people, not really caring about lefties or people that don't have a right arm. (Thankfully I'm not a lefty and have full use of both arms)

On a related note, I just recently noticed that Netflix (or Silverlight via Netflix streaming on the PC) now has Subtitles. I guess the hard of hearing and deaf was just SOL until now, however, I haven't checked if the subtitles options are available on my Blu-ray player or Xbox.

subs.jpg

Yea especally sence Directv is showing real movies in 3D for the same price of a HD PPV movie, as well as they have a full time 3d channel that shows tons of Free 3D & their free 3D on demand offering!
I'm not sure that Bolt (7.5/10), The Last Airbender (4.5/10) and Scar (4.1/10) are everybody's idea of real movies.

Incidentally, the 3D versions of TLA and Scar go for $6.99 where the 2D versions go for $5.99.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)