3D floundering

I honestly feel that once people get real experience with in home 3D it will catch on.
I was one who was skeptical of this new trend until I tried a panny 3D plasma early this year. I was still on the fence about buying one until this past week when I found a good deal on a tv for outside that happened to have 3D (check my thread in the 3D tech forum). Now, I doubt I will buy a new set without the tech built in, and it wont be because alot of them are including it now. There may be a few kinks to work out, and it wont be an everyday viewing experience, but its darn nice done correctly.

3D TV is a gimmick and I'm not surprised about this news. In fact, I seem to recall saying it would flop some time ago on this site...

The average person doesn't buy a new TV every 2-3 years just because some new 'technology' has come out and when that average person does need one and is shopping, most will look at a 3D TV and say, we hardly ever watch 3D stuff.

More than that to varying degrees. There was a surge in the late '60s and late '90s as well. Kind of an every 20 years thing.

I could still see it becoming a standard feature on TVs, but you will have to buy the glasses separately. Essentially the sets getting a "3D compatible" checkbox.

It is just not going to be a driving force in new TV sales. Few are going to be compelled to buy a new TV just to get 3D.