This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

3rd Bud going up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
putting up my third bud today. it is a 10' channel master that was given to me.

Attachments

• image-396995529.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 174
  • image-509938965.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 172
  • image-1901239860.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 160
Nice!! I would love to have about 6. One on a motor and the other 5 fixed a various birds so as to get the best signal.

currently they are all motorized. the 7.5' is c band only with a dual out lnbf controlled by a vbox for my SRL programming pointed at W5 - 105w.

my 10' sami is vbox controlled with a chaparral orthomode c ku feed running to a zinwell 4x8 multiswitch and 4- pansat 9200 HD receivers.

the soon to be channel master will be c band only with lnbf that will be controlled by a vbox that will go to my 46" toshiba HDTV in my gazebo using an openbox s10.

new 10' channel master is up. for now it is c band only with a cheap chinese lnbf that works well. some cheapo DMS lnbf.

some observations of the channel master dish:

it is well made imo. the feed struts do not have slots like the sami dishes. when i bolted the struts on the dish it was perfectly centered! this was nice. took some install time out of the project.

the old saginaw 24" arm worked! i lubed the worm gear. it has a weather boot on it so i left it there. the boot has holes that face the ground i guess to let out any water that may get in.

c band reception is superb. i am getting very strong s2 signals. this dish is dented and dinged from 30 years worth of hail storms but works well.

i have a corotor II and norsat lnbs so i will give ku a try in a couple of days. i know it will need some alignment tweaks for ku.

i am very happy with it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.