3rd HD/DVR receiver fee ?

thamac

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
Jacksonville, Florida
I am considering adding a 3rd HD/DVR receiver to my exixting setup. Currently I have a 722 (HD/DVR) and a 222k (this is only HD not a DVR) leased from DN and I know that adding another will require me to purchase my own. I am planning on buying another 722. I called and asked a CSR (that didn't sound like he knew too much) what extra monthly cost will there be if I add the 3rd 722 receiver. He stated that I will pay 7.00 leased fee (I expected that) and also 5.98 for DVR service (I didn't expect that). I explained that I have the "classic gold 250 with dvr" already as part of my package but he said that only is good for one dvr.
So my question is....was the CSR telling me right?? I would think that the 7.00 fee is pretty reasonable but the additional 5.98 is a little excessive. Especially since I am using my own equipment...but if thats right I guess it is what it is ;)

TIA,
Dave

The CSR was actually almost right. ;) Your "with DVR" reduces the bundled price to $12 even. $7 + $5.98 is the normal price, so you "save" $0.98. I have a 722 and 2 612's, so I know what of I speak.

Did you happen to ask him what the upfront upgrade cost would be for a 722?

Actually I am planning on buying a 722 from a buddy. He has a new one just sitting there I'm trying to work him for a good deal (for me that is).
I didn't ask if there was an activation fee. I figured I would get it all hooked up and call to have it activated.

Actually I am planning on buying a 722 from a buddy. He has a new one just sitting there I'm trying to work him for a good deal (for me that is).
I didn't ask if there was an activation fee. I figured I would get it all hooked up and call to have it activated.

If he owns it than there is no activation fee since you already have an account (you would have to do any wiring required). If he leased it he can't sell it to you.

If he owns it than there is no activation fee since you already have an account (you would have to do any wiring required). If he leased it he can't sell it to you.

There should be no activation fee. However, the OP should watch his/her bill, as I saw an activation fee on my bill the month after I activated a new owned receiver that I purchased from E-bay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)