3rd Receiver Issues

smiles

Original poster
Dec 3, 2009
Lathrop, CA
I am having some issues. I just had Dish Network activated last night. I was leasing two dual receivers and had my own receiver from the past. It was a receiver that I did not return and paid for the replacement value of it. They are telling me that I cannot activate it because it was originally leased to my ex-husband. Now, I have a problem because I need the 3rd dual receiver for my living room and my son's room, but they want $299 and that is not even a DVR. I see some units on Amazon and Ebay, but am afraid to purchase them.
The technician wired the 5th and 6th room and it is ready to go except for the call center won't activate the box. Any Suggestions. Thank you!

I am having some issues. I just had Dish Network activated last night. I was leasing two dual receivers and had my own receiver from the past. It was a receiver that I did not return and paid for the replacement value of it. They are telling me that I cannot activate it because it was originally leased to my ex-husband. Now, I have a problem because I need the 3rd dual receiver for my living room and my son's room, but they want $299 and that is not even a DVR. I see some units on Amazon and Ebay, but am afraid to purchase them.
The technician wired the 5th and 6th room and it is ready to go except for the call center won't activate the box. Any Suggestions. Thank you!

I'm not sure why they won't activate it unless there is an unpaid balance connected to the receiver. You may need to contact the CEO Office for resolution. When buying via the net, get the receiver and serial numbers and then call E* to make sure the receiver to be purchased is free and clear of any balances owed.

That was why I was confused. The first call center rep gave the technician clearance to install because the previous account had a credit. They said it was because a leased machine can never be owned, but that is so confusing because once you pay the replacement fee it should be owned. I am going to try calling today at lunch or something because the technician made sure everything worked and it is only waiting to be activated. Thanks for your help.

So, I called Dish Network and they continued telling me it was leased, but I paid the replacement value for it years ago, so I should own in. Then, that being said, they let me know that my area is HD only, so my receiver would not work anyway. Does anyone know if that is true?

OP is in California, the HD only was BS.

If they insist the receiver is still leased, then have them refund you the payment you made for not returning the receiver and you will return it to them.

A leased receiver is a leased receiver paying the non return fee dosen't change the status on DISH's records. You may get the status changed by the executive office but it is still a leased receiver on DISH's records.

Thanks everyone for your help. I think I am officially giving up the fight with Dish and I purchased a receiver on Ebay last night that should work. I called with the R# and they said it would. It is HD, but not DVR, but that saves the $5 DVR charge. I may still try to return the item and see if they will refund a portion. I am just so frustrated with the rules of the leasing that I am starting to regret my Dish decision. We will see how everything goes from here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts