4.2.2 How much is there and what units tune it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
azbox is the only HD PVR that can do 4:2:2 and its mainly sports feeds that are in 4:2:2...once in a while a news feed

although tonight I stumbled on a weird one. A 4:2:2 DVB-S2 feed...it looked like the inside of a control room. Didn't watch it long enough to see what it truly was

Really the biggest 4:2:2 out there use to be the GDMX feeds on 99W C-Band (3820 V 26000) but a couple months ago they went normal DVB (4:2:0)

Good then I don't have to worry about them then. I don't watch sports. Still working on a C/Ku dish. I got the 7 1/2 ft Winegard but mesh is really beat up and am gonna have to do something about that. Either beat them back out to reasonably flat or find some place that sells expanded metal that has small enough holes for the KU side. I've contacted a couple of manufacturers of mesh to find out where I can get it. BTW have an S-10 and a Coolsat 8100 will be looking into getting a pole set in the grd before long. I'm only gonna dig down a couple of ft then have a slab above ground to support the dish.

Many (all?) PVRs will record it, but won't display it properly. The recording will play back fine on a PC or standalone hardware media player.

CBS Network feeds are DVB-S2 4:2:2, don't know if anything can record it cleanly.
You are speaking of consumer units I assume. I put in Tandberg commercial units for the CBS station where I used to work. They were also remote accessible for CBS via RS232.

We are now selling an incredible 4:2:2 commercial rack mount receiver - WellAV UMH-160 that not only does MPEG2 and MPEG4, but also has the TS/IP in/out module!

Been working with the manufacturer's engineering team for several months to provide EIA-608 closed captioning support for the North American market and have been very impressed with the unit and performance. More features and better performance than units costing 3x. If you are in the market for a DVBS/S2 TS/IP with ASI and and CI support, this one is an awesome deal! $1150.

We are now selling an incredible 4:2:2 commercial rack mount receiver - WellAV UMH-160 that not only does MPEG2 and MPEG4, but also has the TS/IP in/out module!

Been working with the manufacturer's engineering team for several months to provide EIA-608 closed captioning support for the North American market and have been very impressed with the unit and performance. More features and better performance than units costing 3x. If you are in the market for a DVBS/S2 TS/IP with ASI and and CI support, this one is an awesome deal! $1150.

I don't see a remote for this box...does this mean I have to get out of the sofa to change channels?

you or your your kid ...... :D

The Network Management Software also provides control of the unit using a PC.
Makes complete sense to me. All you need is a wireless keyboard to control a PC that has the s/w on it. It is allot less than the Tandbergs which were a royal pain to deal with. Not user friendly in any shape form or fashion. It is less than 3 times what they cost too. But then CBS was paying for them.

Sweet rackmount box, Brian! Need a tester? :D

Unit is very well tested and installed in several commercial sites. We are looking for more buyers! :)

IF Iceberg gets one of these units for a grand does it still have to be or been previously activated before any hobbyists like us could use it just like other commercial units??

The UMH-160 does not require channel mapping and does not need to be activated or authorized for programming or service by a provider. Decryption is either by cardless BISS or most any plastic via the CI slots.

I suppose I could rack mount this to the end of my couch, that would fix the lack of remote. It's getting more difficult to program my kids to flip channels for me as they get older.

It's almost big enough to be used as a TV tray. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)