4:3 Sony and VOOM

DIP

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2004
Saybrook Ohio (Cleveland)
Is programming on SD channels in 4:3? I was just wondering my Sony detects 16:9 and does raster compression. Example my DVD player is set to 16:9 and my TV compresses automatically. Will I have to change modes on the STB to compensate for this? I am getting VOOM installed on Friday just need to have all the info I can get! Thanks :D

I have a 53" sony 4:3. I set the Voom stb to "native" mode. That way the stb follows the progam format. So if it's an SD image the stb goes into SD format. My tv, like yours automaticly switches to 16:9 when it detects the input.

This way, SD programs fill the screen, HD programs are in 16:9.

Works great. I use component inputs.

MKATTS, I have the KP53HS10...

and have mine set up the same, works great. One thing with my model - there is a stabilization issue that causes The DTV and 1080i labels to appear from time to time when there is a high contrast change in the programming. Resembles a momentary loss of sync. Sony has a service bulletin available on it, if anyone needs a copy send me your email address.

Thanks! I have the 43" little brother to the 53hs10. I love the TV I just can't wait to get rid of Adelphia and the awful picture quality. I didn't realize how bad it was until I started to use the TV again. I just remodeled my family room into a theater room and had to watch my 32 inch TV. Looks great on a smaller TV but when you blow up the picture...... :eek:

I have the kp53 also. I haven't had any problems with mine. I will PM my e-mail address to you though. I'd like to see the bulletin.

DIP, you will love the pic quality. I do on mine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)