4/7/2010 1:33pm - Uplink Activity Report - 40 changes

Although it is difficult to tell. It doesn't look like transponder 7 spotbeam 3 covers all of Bennington county. Will Dish have the same issue in the Northeast part of the DMA that Direct has in the Southeast - their signals don't reach all subscribers.

Last edited:
correct Lt Disher...they are in SD

As noted in previous posts, its to fill in those EA only markets so folks dont need 2 dishes (EA and a 110 only dish for the rest of the locals)

And the 8 would be....?

the same steaming load of crap we were told may have come this week, but don;t worry someone here will serve up the same load every week or two til something (probable completely different) will pop up.next load due the 19th

Last edited:
Perhaps moving SD locals off 110 will make room for Lubbock HD locals there since there is no spot on any other satellite that adequately covers this DMA... NAAAAA!

Well I guess this clears the way for me to upgrade to EA (Albany, NY DMA). Now all I have to do is get my chainsaw out and cut some trees down and upgrade my 510 and I'm all set!! This would allow me to remove 3 masts from my roof, two of which were left empty by previous installers upgrading me. Installers take the dishes away, but don't remove the masts I found out.

Your not following, What I'm telling you is People Can't GET at all their locals becasuse the spotbeams don't cover entire DMA's.

The customers your talking about, can atleast still get their locals with the right equipment.

As I said before, People in Buffalo could put up a 1000.2 and wing for the 61.5 Problem solved.
Yes they still have a wing dish , but so did I for the last 3 years.

Now the people that live in the western part of scranton Pa, DMA, Have to have a Wing dish Setup Just to GET SD locals. They can't even go Eastern Arc Becuase the Spotbeam doesn't cover the entire DMA. They also can't use the 129.

So now these customers have to use the 1000.4 Just to get the New HD and Still Need a Wing pointed at the 119 Just to Get there locals in SD.

These Customers have had this issue for over 2 years now and counting.

Last edited:
Hemi is correct there are areas where the spotbeam for that area does not cover the entire dma.

There are a handfull of areas like that.

Thanks guys for bouncing around the discussion about us poor guys in the Wilkes Barre - Scranton DMA that aren't covered by our spotbeam and can't get locals in HD. It's been a frustrating couple of years. Hopefully they will get around to finding a solution. Most of us that aren't hit by the spotbeam are the same ones that can't pull in OTA locals either!

Hopefully E* is reading this thread and will figure something out! I am not holding my breath, though!

Wilkes Barre - Scranton DMA Spotbeam

Thanks guys for bouncing around the discussion about us poor guys in the Wilkes Barre - Scranton DMA that aren't covered by our spotbeam and can't get locals in HD. It's been a frustrating couple of years. Hopefully they will get around to finding a solution. Most of us that aren't hit by the spotbeam are the same ones that can't pull in OTA locals either!

Hopefully E* is reading this thread and will figure something out! I am not holding my breath, though!

Maybe Dish will notice that you can not give away Dish Network High Def dishes in the western end of this DMA!

In fact the few that still do exist are on the endangered species list!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts