4 by 1 switch question

Status
Not open for further replies.

alemmoe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
pottstown,pa
I am adding a 2nd dish to my GloryStar system using 3 Geo recievers. I a using your 4x4 multi switch and a 4x1 switch for each reciever.
Is your [Splitter-4 way 1 port power pass 2.3ghz] for $ 7.00 the one I need?
If so,please explain the application , and the correct wiring hook up.
Is the one port power feature on the switch have any thing to do when using a motor?
:) Thank you in advance

If I understand correctly, you will have two dishes - each aimed at one satellite? Then on each dish you have a dual feed (two output) LNB.

If that is correct then you simply need the 4 X 4 switch. Two of the inputs come from the first dish/LNB and the second set of inputs are connected to the second dish/LNB. Then the 4 X 4 outputs can be connected to your three receivers with a spare for a fourth if needed.

Note: that the second set of inputs are activated by the 22 Khz signal from the receiver(s) that want the second dish/LNB. So if this setup is being used as a Glorystar system - aimed at 97W & 101W then 97W would hookup to the 22Khz side of the switch. Some switches are not marked for the 22Khz - if it is a GeoSatpro MS44 then the ones marked LNBF 2/V and LNBF 2/H are the 22 Khz inputs.
Bob

This is an advanced hobbyist application and not supported by Glorystar technical support. We see you have started a similar thread in the FTA Forum.

SatelliteAV will address your question in the FTA Forum thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)