- Mhz WorldView

Its coming thru on both my Fortec Mercury II receiver and
DVR-1100c. You have to actually tune to the channel to
get the EPG data to show up on screen.

On the Fortec Mercury II receier, you must have the
following setting ENABLED for it to work:

Menu > System Setup > Time Setup:

- GMT must be set to: ON

Otherwise the EPG data disappears from the EPG GUIDE.

Nothing on EPG with DVR-1100c but if I push info twice I get current and next info on screen for Mhz WorldView. I can't get the other two channels without LO de-tuning.

LO frequency adjustment is a testing method to determine if the LO frequency has drifted on the LNBF or if the receiver tuning frequency is correct. Sometimes LO tuning is used to correct for an off frequency LNBF or LO frequency mismatch between the LNBF and the receiver. It is usually not a long term solution.

LO frequency shifting is only a testing method to lock onto a transponder and has nothing to do with receiving EPG.

These three channels uplink their own EPG data and we will need to analyze the stream and determine the formatting for the receivers to properly display.

Last edited:
Sorry for adding confusion! I should have said I could only check Mhz Worldview and although the DVR-1100c does not display info via EPG it will display current and next info if you push info twice from live program.

If you wish to test how the Glorystar EPG will work on the DVR1100c:

• Place the receiver on World MHz, CH 902
  • Wait for the EPG to propagate (approx. 30 sec)
  • Select the program to record or watch
  • Press the RED RECORD button once to place a RED mark on the program that you wish to record
or

• Twice for a GREEN mark if you only wish the receiver to tune to that program

Thanks for the tip Glorystar! I was wondering how that would work.

I know the Glorystar guide should be coming Q1 2009 looking forward to it. Any up date on how it is coming along?

EPG has been ready to launch, but still have many broadcasters not providing the data. We do not want to launch a service for a few channels as scaling up would be much more expensive than a solid launch with the majority of channels aboard.

We thought that the technical implementation would be the difficult part, but proof again..... content is king!

Greetings all,
I am getting EPG data on 3 glorystar channels:

- Al Karma
- Russia Today
- Mhz WorldView

Its coming thru on both my Fortec Mercury II receiver and
DVR-1100c. You have to actually tune to the channel to
get the EPG data to show up on screen.

On the Fortec Mercury II receier, you must have the
following setting ENABLED for it to work:

Menu > System Setup > Time Setup:

- GMT must be set to: ON

Otherwise the EPG data disappears from the EPG GUIDE.

On the Fortec Mercury II receiver, I'm getting the "current" and "next" EPG info. When the info is available on other channels (I've removed the "Russia Today" and "Al Karma" channels since we don't watch them), will it just be the "current" and "next" or will there be more info?

On the Fortec Mercury II receiver, I'm getting the "current" and "next" EPG info. When the info is available on other channels (I've removed the "Russia Today" and "Al Karma" channels since we don't watch them), will it just be the "current" and "next" or will there be more info?

I'm getting info like the name of the Program and a description of the program on MHZWorldview. Russia Today does not have description but goes have the program title.

If you are only getting "current" and "next" then the guide is not working for you.

I'm getting info like the name of the Program and a description of the program on MHZWorldview. Russia Today does not have description but goes have the program title.

If you are only getting "current" and "next" then the guide is not working for you.

By "current" and "next", I mean that only the program name and description for the currently-airing program and the program that will be airing next is available. Are you getting more information than that? How much more?

By "current" and "next", I mean that only the program name and description for the currently-airing program and the program that will be airing next is available. Are you getting more information than that? How much more?

I'm getting the 180 minutes on the EPG. 180 minutes is the most you can get on the DVR-1100c.

With the DVR-1100c Menu > Control Panel > EPG Time Display: then select display time

I do not know if the Fortec Mercury II is the same.

The DVR1100c displays up to 9 days of EPG data. Press the right arrow to move forward or left arrow backwards through the available data. The EPG Time Display controls the amount of tim displayed in the EPG window withount needing to scroll.

The broadcaster controls the actual amount of hours or days of program information. EPG data may contain program title, extended description, rating, theme, etc.

The Glorystar Guide has been developed to include: title, extended description. We will also include other EPG data as available.

The DVR1100c displays up to 9 days of EPG data. Press the right arrow to move forward or left arrow backwards through the available data. The EPG Time Display controls the amount of tim displayed in the EPG window withount needing to scroll.

The broadcaster controls the actual amount of hours or days of program information. EPG data may contain program title, extended description, rating, theme, etc.

The Glorystar Guide has been developed to include: title, extended description. We will also include other EPG data as available.

Thats good to know! I thought it was 180 min because when I go to Menu > Control Panel > EPG Time Display: the highest I can select is 180 min.

Technically the service is ready to launch, but many of the major broadcasters do not have data available for their network. The current economy has really affected most of the broadcasters operations especially for items such as EPG which is viewed as a non essential service.

We are prepared to launch as soon as enough data is available to warrant our implementation and maintenance costs. We hope this can occur by the beginning of Q3, 2009. Implementation is completely reliant on the broadcasters supplying their schedules.

Personally, just the show titles in the EPG would be great. Show descriptions would be nice, but just being able to program from the EPG would be so nice. And it would give me another reason to recommend Glorystar!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)