4 days in...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrpither

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
antelope valley, ca
and so far mostly good. having to learn the new tricks after being programmed by Dish but getting there. H25 upstairs has received the HD guide, but the HMC has not yet.... 5 tuners is a joy. did actually see 5 things recording at once with all the timers I set up while playing. Does "How Its Made" run 24-7 now???

Ma-in-law is loving having her Tivo back - haven't really played with it yet, but from what I saw during setup it looks like time has stood still for the interface. Box now looks like an older dtivo dvr w/ a little tivo guy in one corner.

p.s.

whole home DVR seems to be working pretty good between the H25 and HMC. had one show that took two click to get started, but everything else has worked first try (so far knock on wood).

Last edited:
I switched from Dish to Directv and like it a lot better. It did take a few days to get use to Direct when switching from dish. I have 4-HR24/100s and standard HD receiver. 5 receivers all together plus I have the Directv Deca.

I'm considering switching to direct from dish .... the HR34 sounds like the real deal compared to the hopper (5 tuners vs 3)...I know it's been probably asked before but does one standout more than the other

chuckmc said:
I'm considering switching to direct from dish .... the HR34 sounds like the real deal compared to the hopper (5 tuners vs 3)...I know it's been probably asked before but does one standout more than the other

Just look a little bit at the threads you will find one called HR34 vs Hopper, that should have a lot for you to read about this subject.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts