4 Dishes - 2 Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Currently I have 4 dishes (3 stationary and 1 motorized) going to a 4 port diseqc switch and then feeding into my Openbox S9 HD receiver in the living room.

Now I want to add a second receiver in the bedroom without modifying the LNBF's and diseqc switch.

Could I simply add a 2-way high frequency power pass both ports splitter?

diseqc receiver out -> in 2-way splitter -> 1st out OpenboxS9 -> 2nd out -> second receiver

Most likely both receivers will not be used at the same time.

I went with the openbox feeding a freq agile ntsc modulator which feeds the whole house along with the OTA antenna.* Use an IR extender to control the receiver. But if you need different channels at the same time, this won't work. *(precautions must be taken as to not radiate your signal via the antenna)

diseqc receiver out -> in 2-way splitter -> 1st out OpenboxS9 -> 2nd out -> second receiver

Most likely both receivers will not be used at the same time.

Possible, but also could be quite confusing if both receivers are powered at the same time. I would NOT purposely set-up my system this way.....

Both receivers will need to use USALS to control the motor or identically programmed if using DiSEqC 1.2 to use the exact same satellite assignment numbers.

If both receivers are powered at the same time there will be a confusion with the DiSEqC switch port selection, USALS, DiSEqC 1.2 motor commands and the LNBFs polarity will be locked to Horizontal when either receiver selects a horizontal channel.

I went with the openbox feeding a freq agile ntsc modulator which feeds the whole house along with the OTA antenna.* Use an IR extender to control the receiver. But if you need different channels at the same time, this won't work. *(precautions must be taken as to not radiate your signal via the antenna)

I like this idea, because I wouldn't need another receiver in the bedroom and I would be able to receive all the DVB-S2 channels as well plus have all the OTA channels using one coax.

Possible, but also could be quite confusing if both receivers are powered at the same time. I would NOT purposely set-up my system this way.....

Both receivers will need to use USALS to control the motor or identically programmed if using DiSEqC 1.2 to use the exact same satellite assignment numbers.

If both receivers are powered at the same time there will be a confusion with the DiSEqC switch port selection, USALS, DiSEqC 1.2 motor commands and the LNBFs polarity will be locked to Horizontal when either receiver selects a horizontal channel.

I was afraid that would happen. I'm going with Fat Air's idea.

you never mentioned if you have single lnbs. if both recievers will not be used simultaneously a splitter will work. or it may work to use the loop out iof the openbox f it passes dc in standby. ill check my solemend. take care to program the recievers exactly the same. diseqc 1.2 is recommended for motors as its definate and not calculated. turn inactive reciever off when not in use.

crackt out,.

The Openbox/Solemend does not pass DC in standby and acts as an open connection if turned off at the back rocker switch, have tried with a Prof 7500 on the loop out. I have gotten this to work with a Coolsat as the primary and other things on the loop out through.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)