4 Hoppers - Is DISH 1000+ the only single-dish option?

TechWriter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 8, 2008
If you want 4 Hoppers connected to a single dish (w/o wing dishes), is the 1000+ (110, 118.7, 119, 129) the only option?

The dish is only to get the satellites. As far as hooking up four hoppers, you are going to need some additional switches. One dish, a couple switches, and a couple nodes.

The dish is only to get the satellites. As far as hooking up four hoppers, you are going to need some additional switches. One dish, a couple switches, and a couple nodes.
And to clarify, a 1000+ is not needed unless you need all four sats.

A standard 1000.2/1000.4 would be the normal install. The switches do job of supporting the four hoppers, not the dish.

And to clarify, a 1000+ is not needed unless you need all four sats. A standard 1000.2/1000.4 would be the normal install. The switches do job of supporting the four hoppers, not the dish.

So you could connect all 4 Hoppers in a single network using a 1000.2 or 1000.4 dish? How?

So you could connect all 4 Hoppers in a single network using a 1000.2 or 1000.4 dish? How?
It would require a couple of DPP 44's and or DPP34's. Google the DPP44 and DPP34 switches for their limitations and it should explain how you will have to connect the H/J. Also try googling a multi hopper connection for diagramms.

Just taking a glimpse from my cell, it looks good. The only thing I would question, and only because I can't remember off the top of my head, is whether or not you need a second power inserted, and how many tuners each outport can control... I know on the lnb it is 2, but not sure about the switch... Likely is 2 as well.

Here is my system diagram for four HWSs and a Joey using DPP44 switches. I don't think you will need a Dish 1000+ dish unless you wish for international channels.

Attachments

• 4 Hopper Diagram PTAT MoCA.pdf
    30.2 KB · Views: 257
Charles,

Can you also post a photo of your installation that you're using for your avatar. I know you've posted it before, but I couldn't find it. I'm considering going for a 3 HWS 1J myself.

Thanks,
Dave

Charles,

Can you also post a photo of your installation that you're using for your avatar. I know you've posted it before, but I couldn't find it. I'm considering going for a 3 HWS 1J myself.

Thanks,
Dave
Sure, here you go. My kid has moved out so I think I am going to reduce down to three HWSs soon and also reduce down to one WJ.

Attachments

• HopperHeadEndPri.jpg
    HopperHeadEndPri.jpg
    544.7 KB · Views: 2,117
Here is my system diagram for four HWSs and a Joey using DPP44 switches. I don't think you will need a Dish 1000+ dish unless you wish for international channels.
Yeah, I remember seeing your diagram before -- I figured since you used a 1000+ that 4 sats were needed! What a relief to know that a 1000.2/1000.4 will work just fine. Tx again.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I use three separate dishes for my setup, (I have 4 hoppers, a wired Joey and wireless Joey). I have one Dish 500 with an I yoke pointed at 110, and two 30" Winegard dishes pointed at 119 and 129. Those feed into a DPP44, that that feeds out to a DPP33 and then each of the switches feeds out to a duo node, then the duo nodes are connected together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts