4 tvs / receivers - Is this possible?

eazyc10

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
All,

I currently have 3 receivers, 311, 625 DVR and 811 HD receiver.

I would like to have a total of 4 TV's. 1 Standard DEF, 2 HD receivers and 1 HD DVR receivers.

I have a DP34 and a super dish. Is this possible? I am new to satellite TV so please forgive my ignorance.

Is it possible to just add a 4th receiver or does that cause too much pain? Ideally I would like to watch and record tv at the same time so I wouldn't want to split the DVR tuner to two tv's.

I tried calling Customer Service but it appears to be a call center out of india and I had a hard time understanding what I need. She mentioned something about upgrading my satellite dish to Dish1000? I thought my superdish could do it all?

Ahh...I see what you're asking now. If you DID add a 4th receiver, you would either (a) have add on another DP34 switch to your current set-up (since it only supports 4 tuners) or replace your current DP34 with a DPP44 switch (which supports 4 tuners...irregardless if they're single or dual-tuners). Keep in mind the more economical way may be to just add on another DP34 switch. The DPP44's are a bit pricey, about $100 or so on flea-bay.

Sounds like you're getting the old HD package thru the SuperDish.

I don't know if Dish will require you to upgrade to a "new" HD package if you get a 622 HD DVR receiver and/or 211 HD receiver. The "new" HD packages do require the Dish 1000 or a "two-dish solution" (one dish aimed at the 119 & 110 sats and the other aimed at the 61.5 sat. This is done in areas of the country where the Dish 1000 cannot be used due to not being able to pick-up the 129 sat.)

Suggest you keep calling customer service until you get a CSR that you can "effectively" communicate with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)