This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

40.0 Remote Phase out

There are no support costs on remotes, so no need to stop their functioning. Maybe future receivers will no longer work with them, but I suspect that won’t happen.

Reactions: charlesrshell
There are no support costs on remotes, so no need to stop their functioning. Maybe future receivers will no longer work with them, but I suspect that won’t happen.
Yep, I actually use an old 1.5 remote occasionally to control my Wally, so I don't see support for old remotes ending any time soon, either.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The OP seems to be awfully concerned with things being phased out. (VIPs, Remotes, Hopper UIs, etc.)

Reactions: pattykay
The OP seems to be awfully concerned with things being phased out. (VIPs, Remotes, Hopper UIs, etc.)
Heck, I still have a reel to reel, cassette, mini-disc recorder. Two VHS machines. Speakers from the early 70's that I blast nearly everyday. Nothing phases out for me, If I don't want them to.

I just bought a new Samsung UHD Blu Ray Player with a tiny remote that takes a watch size battery. I have a Samsung HDTV and the old Blu Ray player was Samsung. I pointed the large remotes at the Blu Ray player and both worked perfectly. So, why would Dish do away with a remote?