40" Microbud skewing question !!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mk279

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 30, 2005
I have my ASC-21 c band lnb set up to the left of my Invacom, aiming at the centre of the dish the best I could and I was wondering if I should be adjusting the skew and if so by how much.

I was also wondering if the scaler ring is essential, as it keeps the lnb so much further away from the middle one and it is actually picking up the satellite 10-12 degrees east of where the dish is actually aimed.

Thanks to those that respond .............. MK

The scalar ring is a MUST, it helps to block out adjacent C-Band satellites. When you are at the Top of the ark the "0" on the ASC-421 should be at the top, if its a motorized dish the skew should self set, but since you do not have the LNBF in the main focal position slight skew setting may help!

Thanks PSB ......... When you say top of the arc, do you mean "my true south" or my 0 position on the motor. And if so which way would I skew, keeping in mind that my lnb is on the left side ????

Is there a way to narrow down the gap between the sats I'm hitting ????

Thanks, MK

Top of the ark, zero position on the motor. Never tried to side mount a C-Band LNB yet other than by hand. I would skew it in whatever direction gives you most signal quality, other than that keep it at the "0" position as it will self skew.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts