40% off Orby TV receivers and DVRs at Best Buy - 11/21 - 11/23

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
There is no profit in this.

We pay $50 for the dish kit with antenna, $70 for each HD box and $140 per DVR.

Considering you charge $149 for the install with the Dish, $99 per HD receiver and $199 per DVR.

The installers typically make $100 on the primary install and $25 for each room.

So let’s say we sell a 2 room system with DVR. You charge the customer $450.

We make $100 + $30 + $60 = $190

Installer wants $125 of that which leaves us at $65.

The $65 goes to the person who sold it. Where is the profit for the dealer?

Typical Dish/Directv install we make $300, plus we get paid the install of $100/$25/$25/$25

At the $300 profit the sales person gets $60-$120 but there still is money left over.

Then they have these Bad Buy “ Flash” sales.

There is no way I can do someone else’s installation.

Granted there are no “Chargebacks” but we are making so little money, you would think there better be no chargebacks.

I spoke with a lady who was excited to hear we had programming at $40/mo including up to 4 rooms.

She was in total shock when I quoted $550 for install.
People who do not own businesses have no clue

Sent from my SM-G955U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: JSheridan
I called last week when they had the wacky Wednesday or whatever sale it was and schedule a single room HD install for half price of $125 with tax was like $134...I can't figure out how they can do this that cheap? They have another sale coming up on New years Eve for same price.I'm going to buy another one for my camper.Put the first system in my wife's name and our house.The camper is parked in building at my mom's property for a couple months.I just want the system for the $125 price so I hope the installer is OK with just leaving me the kit and receiver.If not I'll make him install it in my mom's house.

Why don’t you just buy a second receiver?

Put it on the same account. Why pay 2 bills

Why don’t you just buy a second receiver?

Put it on the same account. Why pay 2 bills
I was wanting to use the second dish for the RV but now I'm worried that if I do the install I won't be able to use the receiver on my 1'st account.Don't know if they make the installer activate the receiver at time of install or if the receiver is married to account.Since your buying the equipment can I just not activate the receiver and use it on the other account? I'm a cheap ass trying to get the receiver and the complete install kit for $125 instead of buying a dish kit for $70 and then$100 for the extra receiver

I called last week when they had the wacky Wednesday or whatever sale it was and schedule a single room HD install for half price of $125 with tax was like $134...I can't figure out how they can do this that cheap? They have another sale coming up on New years Eve for same price.I'm going to buy another one for my camper.Put the first system in my wife's name and our house.The camper is parked in building at my mom's property for a couple months.I just want the system for the $125 price so I hope the installer is OK with just leaving me the kit and receiver.If not I'll make him install it in my mom's house.
I know I saw the ad

I was wanting to use the second dish for the RV but now I'm worried that if I do the install I won't be able to use the receiver on my 1'st account.Don't know if they make the installer activate the receiver at time of install or if the receiver is married to account.Since your buying the equipment can I just not activate the receiver and use it on the other account? I'm a cheap ass trying to get the receiver and the complete install kit for $125 instead of buying a dish kit for $70 and then$100 for the extra receiver

I would just pay the $170 and be happy with the fact you don’t have 2 bills to pay every month

WTH did read this more info about
Easy 18 Startup Pack
One low monthly payment with Klarna
As low as $60/month for 18 months
Monthly payment includes Essentials Package, equipment and installation
After 18 payments, you own it; only pay for the programming you want—starting at $40/month
Stay connected to your favorite shows
Free local channels
Add/remove premium packages each month
30-day risk free trial
Monthly price includes all taxes and fees

Is me are they changing there toon and now offer more R-T-O service
When told me this flat in late Nov.
Hi ME! At the end of our 2 year contracted rental program you would have the option of either going into another contract with us, or buying the equipment to go on a month to month basis. It is not a rent to own so you would not own the equipment once the contract is over.

Looks like they're doing a special for one receiver installed for $125, $225 for the DVR installed. Monthly fees include tax as well...not a bad deal.

I have Orby. I enjoy it. I have a ku lnb on my 2nd 10 foot satellite. I let my brother use my Orby satellite.

It's worth every penny. See I won. Because I have all the cables and stuff. Because I have c band satellite dish. And I run my own system.

My Orby works with my c band system. It can go in any room. All 8 outlets. And all I have to do. Is unplug my fta box and plug in my Orby..

I plan to buy more receivers during income tax season. Since I will not miss the 400 to 500 dollars.

I love how you say direct TV was cheap.

In a lot of ways back then. They were not cheap. C band satellite providers always kicked there ass in the past. And is why dish and direct TV did not gain many c band users.

Even when dish bought out a c band provider and tried to force c band to move to ku. When they shut down that platform. And dish lost there ass..

Dish and direct are finally going to get what they did to the small companies in the 90s.

About time

I know several people that are enjoying Orby. No it is not like the Hopper 3, but it works very well.

Reactions: Ronnie- and TRG
I know several people that are enjoying Orby. No it is not like the Hopper 3, but it works very well.
That nice then should be no reason for them banned people like did with me and other and deleting post here one which I'm sure they will be del soon.

Attachments

• orby2.jpg
    orby2.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 394
  • Wow
Reactions: dennispap
I'm glad I have a good credit card company..I could have called them and explained that I never received the service and they would remove the charge no questions asked..even if I received the equipment.. Have done it with a couple of other services in the past

I'm glad I have a good credit card company..I could have called them and explained that I never received the service and they would remove the charge no questions asked..even if I received the equipment.. Have done it with a couple of other services in the past
Maybe this reads in a way you didn’t intend, but with other services in the past that you did this, was there equipment involved? If so, what did you do with it ?

I had a situation similar with CenturyLink but only for service..Also for a condo in Florida one time..My credit card company I've been with since 1983 had no problem removing the charges..As far as the equipment I would give Orby the chance to have their installer stop by and pick up the equipment if they want it back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)