4000 "dead"--have I been ECM'ed?

That depends, Our receivers have no lease fee even though they're leased (but they're original to the account).. I find it a little shady you'd have to pay a lease fee to replace receivers that died after eight years.

OoTLink said:
That depends, Our receivers have no lease fee even though they're leased (but they're original to the account).. I find it a little shady you'd have to pay a lease fee to replace receivers that died after eight years.

Exactly, It sucks. But thats the way DIU works. Unless the rules have changed.

Well, I didn't think about it much. I just went with he's paying "X" for his programming and first box. Plus $5 for the second box.

Pull both of them, and replace with "any" box, and the bill should decrease by $5.

If the replacement is a 510, we're back up $5 to where we were - but we're down a tuner.

If the replacement is a 522/625 hooked to a phoneline, same price, but we get the tuner back.

SimpleSimon said:
Well, I didn't think about it much. I just went with he's paying "X" for his programming and first box. Plus $5 for the second box.

Pull both of them, and replace with "any" box, and the bill should decrease by $5.

If the replacement is a 510, we're back up $5 to where we were - but we're down a tuner.

If the replacement is a 522/625 hooked to a phoneline, same price, but we get the tuner back.

Still doesn't make sense...what I have now:

*AT120 @ 37.99
*Locals+supers @ 8.99
*2nd receiver fee @ 4.99

If I were to dump both boxes and replace with a 522:

*AT120 @ 37.99
*Locals+supers @ 8.99
*2nd receiver fee @ 4.99 - 4.99 = 0.00 (for having unit plugged into phone line)
*DVR fee @ 4.98
*Lease fee @ 5.00

So it should be 4.99 extra per month if my numbers are correct.

All this might be moot as they might not even think I'm qualified for it anyway. That or they'll want the extra $50-100 "installation" ransom which definitely kills the deal. Will give them a call later and see what if anything they're willing to do.

catnap1972 said:
Still doesn't make sense...what I have now:

*AT120 @ 37.99
*Locals+supers @ 8.99
*2nd receiver fee @ 4.99

If I were to dump both boxes and replace with a 522:

*AT120 @ 37.99
*Locals+supers @ 8.99
*2nd receiver fee @ 4.99 - 4.99 = 0.00 (for having unit plugged into phone line)
*DVR fee @ 4.98
*Lease fee @ 5.00

So it should be 4.99 extra per month if my numbers are correct.

All this might be moot as they might not even think I'm qualified for it anyway. That or they'll want the extra $50-100 "installation" ransom which definitely kills the deal. Will give them a call later and see what if anything they're willing to do.

You nailed it. To the best of my knowledge there "is" a lease fee involved when replacing an owned primary rec.

This is often an issue with "dish it up " customers.

If you reread my prev post, there is a way to sometimes avoid this lease fee.

SimpleSimon said:

This is where DIU hoses customer. Bill will stay the same, as a lease fee is charged on primary.

Beleive me, I hope I'm wrong! :)

Just make whatever receiver you're keeping now the primary, unless of course you're replacing both. The benefit of having the 522/625 to one TV is the dual-tuner capability. I can't imagine not using dual tuners so you may see a great benefit that route.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts