42 23 16 15 8 4

1. Jack
2. Kate
3. Hugo
4. Sayid
5. Aaron
6. Sun

Aaron has to be one of the six because the public knows about him and that Kate has him.

Nope, Aaron isn't one of them. Jacks testimony definitely seems to indicate the six were those on the plane at the time of the crash:
Attorney - "...how did you meet the defendant"
Jack - "Ummm, On September 22nd, 2004 Kate (pause smile, look at Kate) Miss Austin and I were passengers on Oceanic flight 815 which crashed landed on an island in the South Pacific."
Attorney - "Were you aware that Miss Austin was a fugitive and transported by a United States Marshall on that flight for Los Angeles for trial?"
Jack - "I did learn that eventually, yes"
Attorney -"From the U.S. Marshall?"
Jack - "No, the Marshall died in the crash. I never spoke to him. Miss Austin told me."
Attorney - "Did you ever ask her if she was guilty?"
Jack - "No, never."
Attorney - "Well it seems like a reasonable question, why not?"
Jack - "I just assumed there had been some kind of mistake."
Attorney - "And why would you think that?"
Jack - "Only 8 of us survived the crash. We landed in the water. I was hurt pretty badly. In fact (nods at Kate) if it weren't for her I would have never made it to the shore. She took care of me. She took care of all of us. She, she gave us first aide. Water. Found food. And shelter. She tried to save the other two, but they didn't (cut off by Kate saying "Stop")
8 survivors of the crash, 2 died afterwards. Aaron wouldn't be considered one of those 8 survivors, being born some time afterwards.

Here's something else to consider:

What are the people who suddenly appear with a message and then disappear?
Are they dead?
Are the dead really dead?

Not only does the island exist in a space-time anomaly but it could also be allowing shifts between alternate reality timelines. Think about Jacob. He exists but doesn't exist. He and his house shift around. Locke heard him and maybe got a glimpse of him. Hurley saw him as well.
Charlie appeared to Hurley and we write that off as Hurley's mental state, HOWEVER, Hurley also saw Jacob.
What about Walt? Is he even alive? Michael is on the freighter working undercover for Ben. Why? If Walt was alive, Michael would not be anywhere near Ben. OR, Walt is alive but in another timeline, shifting between timelines and Michael believes only Ben can save Walt. Then Michael would have no choice but to work for Ben. Walt's existence inbetween timelines is somewhat complicated as well because most of his appearances with a warning have had his words spoken backwards. Then there is the woman who, almost like in the movie the Matrix, knows the timeline and tells Desmond he shouldn't be buying Penny a ring.

There are many secrets yet to be revealed. Two facts as we know them now intrigue me greatly.

1. Jack is nearly insane to go back to the island. There would have to be very very good reasons for that because Jack is not a man of faith. He seemed to be ok considering the circumstances he returned under. Now, he needs to fix things and he has seen the power of the island and feels he can make things right back there.

2. Ben was brought to the island by his father. Ben saw his mother on the island. Ben knows the hostiles and worked with them to kill off Dharma. Now, years later, Ben has numerous false identities, money, and power on and off the island.

We are missing almost the whole story and the reveals are getting more powerful all the time.

Nope, Aaron isn't one of them. Jacks testimony definitely seems to indicate the six were those on the plane at the time of the crash:8 survivors of the crash, 2 died afterwards. Aaron wouldn't be considered one of those 8 survivors, being born some time afterwards.
So Aaron didn't exist in the crash? Of course he did. Aaron now two years old or so would be talked about like a survivor now even though he was in utero at the time of the crash.
ABC said one of the Oceanic Six would be revealed in that ep Eggtown, if not Aaron, who was it? Also, ABC said that the sixth would be revealed in this last ep, Ji Yeon, and that would be Sun.

We don't know this.

How do you know this?

Jin:
Hurley came to Sun and they both visited the grave. Hurley would not visit an empty grave. He is a very honest and sensitive person who is VERY uncomfortable with his arrangement as one of the Six. If Jin was not in that grave, Hurley would not go to it.

Besides, the LOST piano music played when they visited the grave. That's proof enough! :D

Claire:
The fortune teller back in AUS said Aaron would be raised by another. Desmond told Charlie he saw Claire and Aaron on the helicopter getting "rescued". Only Aaron is shown now and Kate has him. If Claire stayed on the island alive, she would NOT give up her son.

But since that is only one timeline, we don't know what may yet happen. MUCH has yet to be revealed.

Another question is that further into the future we know Jack's dad is alive and working at the hospital. (When Jack lost his mind in the ff during the last episode last season his father was upstairs in surgery) Perhaps his father is the sixth (afterall he was technically a passenger on the plane)

Another question is that further into the future we know Jack's dad is alive and working at the hospital. (When Jack lost his mind in the ff during the last episode last season his father was upstairs in surgery) Perhaps his father is the sixth (afterall he was technically a passenger on the plane)
Actually Jack only refers to his father as if he were alive which I think tends to show that Jack is losing his ability to keep the facts about Oceanic 815 and the island separate from the story he has been telling. In the last ep of last season Jack says a prescription was signed by his father and then later tells another doctor to get his father down here and see who is more drunk. As Jack is drunk himself, he is not able to maintain the difficult line between truth and fiction that he lives over the consequences of the island.

I don't think his father was there or alive, in that timeline.

If you want to go with the "passenger" concept, he was not revealed in the Oceanic Six eps this year, so cross him off your list.

So Aaron didn't exist in the crash? Of course he did. Aaron now two years old or so would be talked about like a survivor now even though he was in utero at the time of the crash.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

ABC said one of the Oceanic Six would be revealed in that ep Eggtown, if not Aaron, who was it? Also, ABC said that the sixth would be revealed in this last ep, Ji Yeon, and that would be Sun.

First rule of TV is to never trust the promo's. ;)

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

First rule of TV is to never trust the promo's. ;)

They know how to keep us coming back, that's for sure!

BTW: I never watch the promos for tv or movies. But, in wider discussions across the internet, these promos are discussed, mainly because this year they have been killing some of the mystery for the upcoming eps. Like the return of Michael AKA Kevin Johnson. In trying to finalize the Oceanic Six, it is accepted for the most part that Aaron in one of the Six. Not because of a plane manifest but because of the "rescue". He was one of the six to be rescued alive and associated with a plane supposedly found with all dead onboard.

and what about michael using the fake name? do you think that he got screwed up like desmond but since he didnt have a consant he couldnt figure out what was going on?

Also, Michael could not use his real name "back home" or he would be known as a survivor also (Walt as well)

This thought just occured to me and made me go hmmmm...

when jin came to the hospital. it was after the were rescued, because when he said he had been married for 2 months he kinda gave a little smile like he wasnt telling the truth.

when jin came to the hospital. it was after the were rescued, because when he said he had been married for 2 months he kinda gave a little smile like he wasnt telling the truth.

Jin was a flashback... notice they were in Korea still. In the present where Sun is Jin has already died either while trying to be rescued or from shock of being rescued (a la Desmond)

No, he smiled like he had been married for just 2 months. It was a flashback. If you paid attention, the store owner said it was the year of the dragon which was 1988, 2000, and will be 2012. Based on his cellphone, it was 2000.

Clair and Jin may have been the 2 of the 8 that did not survive...

Well, kind of silly speculating on who the other two are, since we know far more than just 8 actually survived.

Or perhaps not... Since we know the story of the 8 that survived is fake, there has to be a reason to include two others in the fake story. Clair is obvious... Aaron wouldn't have been born if she hadn't survived briefly after the crash. Thus they need her in the story.

So who else is needed to make the Oceanic 6's story more plausible? My guess is Charlie. He spoke to Penny, and thus its possible he's known as having survived the crash.

Clair and Jin may have been the 2 of the 8 that did not survive...

Well, kind of silly speculating on who the other two are, since we know far more than just 8 actually survived.

Or perhaps not... Since we know the story of the 8 that survived is fake, there has to be a reason to include two others in the fake story. Clair is obvious... Aaron wouldn't have been born if she hadn't survived briefly after the crash. Thus they need her in the story.

So who else is needed to make the Oceanic 6's story more plausible? My guess is Charlie. He spoke to Penny, and thus its possible he's known as having survived the crash.

agreed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)