$480 discount to switch to DirecTV!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mitchflorida

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
I had two conversations with the Dish CSRs. The first time I called, they said that there would be a $125 cancellation fee if I closed my account before May 2011. I had gotten a 2 year commitment in May 2009 when they upgraded me for free to 722 HD receiver.

I called again to complain about all of the recent price increases, and two other CSRs confirmed that Dish was now waiving the two-year commitment period for people who upgraded to HD. I could leave for free, with no cancellation fee.

I asked them what Dish would do to keep my business in terms of discounts etc, and the retention CSR said they can't do anything to lower my bill except to downgrade the programming package. Nothing they could do to keep my business, and I have been one of their best customers for about 4 years already.

If I switch to DirecTV with a two year contract, the monthly rates are about the same, maybe $5 cheaper with DTV. But I will get $360 in credits as a new customer, $100 for customer referral credit, and $20 for going through the bing.com website. A total of $480 in credits over Dish as long as I get a two year contract. Plus STARZ and Showtime free for thee months.

The programming is almost identical. Which would you do? Stay with Dish or switch to Direct TV and save $480??

Last edited:
Sounds like bogus information to me. Waiving a cancellation charge because you're a good (cancelling hd upgraded) customer?

I would contact their loyalty team immediately and triple confirm this as it sounds like the source of information was completely incorrect. No company in their right mind would do this unless you have a terrible billing history and they want to see you gone or something of this nature.

I called again to complain about all of the recent price increases, and two other CSRs confirmed that Dish was now waiving the two-year commitment period for people who upgraded to HD. I could leave for free, with no cancellation fee.

This is NOT true. The CSR as misinformed or you heard it wrong. For the most part in almost every case DISH is holding customers to their commitment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts