PPV and VOD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jhall2005

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
if you order a ppv or vod movie on one receiver in house can you watch it on another one?

jhall2005 said:
if you order a ppv or vod movie on one receiver in house can you watch it on another one?

For ppv if you order the exact same event (same program, same channel, same day) you can order on all of your receivers and will only be charged once. For void I believe that it only applies for that box so you could be charged ,multiple times for the same event if ordered on different receivers. Also for ppv if you order online you will have access on all of the receivers on your account.

ok i just tried ordering ppv and it was on the regular channel not the hd channel and it is telling me that i cant order on the tv cause its not HDCP? why is it saying that on a standard def channel? the receiver is a vip 612

yes i am and the tv is a couple of years old its a sanyo plasma

switch to component cables and the message will go away. all it's telling you is that your 'older' tv doesn't work with the stupid digital rights stuff. receiver doesn't care about content, only connection type. if you are connected via HDMI and the content is marked with check HDCP it checks it. HD or SD is not the key.

switch to component cables and the message will go away. all it's telling you is that your 'older' tv doesn't work with the stupid digital rights stuff. receiver doesn't care about content, only connection type. if you are connected via HDMI and the content is marked with check HDCP it checks it. HD or SD is not the key.

ok thanks i switched back to the component cables and it worked fine.

hughes_net@yahoo.com said:
for ppv if you order online you will have access on all of the receivers on your account.

You mean like I stayed in the third post? ;)
Just kidding. Welcome to satelliteguys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)