$49.99 OTA Antenna? How do you get one?

AlaJoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
I watched the Charlie Chat where all the new HD stuff was rolled out. Unless I am totally loosing my mind I seem to remember an offer of an OTA antenna for $49.99 to get HD locals when you upgrade to the 622 if the HD locals were not in your market. And this would be installed at no extra cost when the 622 and new dish is installed. Is this true? If so has anyone here ordered one? What hoops did you have to jump threw to get it? I have now talked to 3 different CSR's and none of them seem to even know what I am referring to.

I haven't heard of anyone saying they got the Dish OTA install. It was mentioned on the CC for $49. If you want it, make sure it's on the same work order as your 622 install. Let us know what you find out.

I heard from the Executive Office that currently only resellers have the deal now and not direct through Dish.

I will say this. If you live within 15-20 miles of your locals you will be surprised what a regular antenna sitting on top your TV might bring you.

The OTA tuner in the 622 is outstanding. Read the reviews comparing the 921 942 and 811 folks that moved to the 622. Everyone is pretty impressed at what this box can pull in.

I was using the built in HD tuner on my Hitachi TV for the past year and everytime a car drove by the house some channels would drop for a second. Channel 64 I couldnt pick up at all.

With this 622 I get 2 of my locals now pegged at 100 percent, 2 more close to 90 percent and 64 comes in at 75 - 80 percent and is watchable. Cars no longer make the channels drop out either.

I dont know what tuner they put in this thing but that company needs to sell these things in other STB's and offer to sell them to the TV companies.

cincyguy2k4 said:
...I will say this. If you live within 15-20 miles of your locals you will be surprised what a regular antenna sitting on top your TV might bring you....

Unless you're in Denver...reception here sucks. 10-15 mile LINE-OF-SIGHT only. I was pleased to see Dish is offering HD locals for Denver as of March 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)