4DTV And FTA together

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Transponder

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
USA
I currently have both a 4dtv receiver slaved with a openboxs9 receiver and I must say I am very pleased with what I have.My 4d is subbed to starz with srl and the the fta I receive with my openbox is all I need. For those of you who do not have a fta receiver to run with your 4dtv dont know what you are missing.When you combine the both together the changes made in 2011 will not seem so bad. Something to think about:)

same here...i actually had c and ku FTA first. so to me 4DTV was just an add on.
Our local over the air selection is over 20 channels / sub channels with music video channels and other things as well.

a lot of people would be surprised with fta c and ku with an outdoor antenna sized properly for your area ....you dont really miss the subscription channels much

I must have missed something. I too just received my OpenBox & am learning how to use it with my 922. But, there are a lot of satellites that aren't mapped in the 922 receiver. I have only 39 as where I see others as having like 60. Currently, I have my LNB going just to the FTA receiver & am using the 922 to move the dish. I suppose it's too late to update my maps.

I must have missed something. I too just received my OpenBox & am learning how to use it with my 922. But, there are a lot of satellites that aren't mapped in the 922 receiver. I have only 39 as where I see others as having like 60. Currently, I have my LNB going just to the FTA receiver & am using the 922 to move the dish. I suppose it's too late to update my maps.

I think you still can get maps. Guide still loads and I tried another pull the plug reset this morning but still can't get the newer X4 map. In "memorize usable satellites" my 905 shows 70 different ones including the generics. Good Luck as time is running out unless they manage to add other sat maps to SRL/Skyvision site.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts