4dtv Channel Question...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
On the 4dtv channel lineups I have seen, I have seen several channels that are on both C3/X4, are those channels still available on both satellite locations? Example, CMT Pure Country, and other MTV channels?

And on a 10' mesh dish as like mine, would I get the G1 premiums pretty good? I have seen a lot on here about pixelation and such. What is a good signal quality/level for those on G1?

Any tips or tricks that isn't in the FAQ anyone would like to add? I am about to upgrade to 4dtv here and am curious before I drop the $$$.

The reason for asking, I haven't upgraded to a Ku feedhorn/LNB yet and I was just wondering what lineups were correct.

Thanks!

Well, I get the CMT and other channels of that mux on C3, but I don't get them on X4. I think they are uplinked by different providers. The ones on C3 are owned by Viacom (I think) and are the main distribution channels, while those on X4 are re-uplinked, from the ones on C3, by HITS or perhaps one of the other providers. It would depend on which provider you have on whether or not you get the ones on X4.
I have a 10' mesh dish and have no problems getting enough quality strength to watch any of the channels in DCII. I have a 920 and there are a couple I don't get, but it's a 920 issue and not SQ. My 920 will get any SQ above 19. Most of mine are in the 60's and some are in the 90's. I've read (I think) it takes about a 30-35 SQ on the 922, but someone with a 922 will have to confirm or deny that.
I'm sure you will get good results with your 10' mesh. Good Luck!

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts