4dtv Dsr-922 Lossing Picture But Signal Is Still Strong

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jullius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
La Crosse, WI
I have been using a DSR-922 for the last 3 years and recently.... I'd say in the last 4 months, I have noticed that the picture will break up and pixelate like the dish is out of alignment with a low signal rating. I have re-aimed the dish a few times over the years. It always seemed that if the signal quality on the receiver dropped to 37-39% (at least on the nick jr channel my daughter always watches), it would start to break up the picture.

Recently I've noticed that I am averaging about 56% signal quality, but I will experience picture break up fairly regularly. I have tried re-aiming, but I am wondering if this could be a sign of the the receiver failing?

I have tried it with two different BUD setups with different wiring and LNBs... same sporadic picture break up. Sometimes it works for a few hours and then it goes to picture loss.

Any thoughts? or similar experience?

Thanks

You seem to have symptom's of the tuner failing, very common after what you have done. Do the FTA channels come in using your DVB-S or how is the system configured?

Anyone have a 4dtv receiver for sale? Don't really want to go the E-bay route most people don't know if they have a working unit or not. I would post this in the Classifieds as a Want to Buy... but it seems the classifieds have changed. Sorry if this post kind of post is not allowed.

I assume that you are getting HITS programming? From the looks of the prices last time I seen, they were more than DBS for less programming. It is none of my business, but if I were you, rather than sinking more money into 10+ year old equipment for a service that is likely not to be around much longer, if you want cable type programming, why don't you just look into Dish, DirecTv, or cable if it is available where you live?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I assume that you are getting HITS programming? From the looks of the prices last time I seen, they were more than DBS for less programming. It is none of my business, but if I were you, rather than sinking more money into 10+ year old equipment for a service that is likely not to be around much longer, if you want cable type programming, why don't you just look into Dish, DirecTv, or cable if it is available where you live?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's the ripple effect. SRL gets crappy carriage rates then there margin and the price is what it is. You can get better deals from there few dealers left :) The major plus is it does not have the rain fad issue's KU/KA has. SRL would sell more channels if they could.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Could be power supply problem. See if any capacitors have ballooned or leaking. I have fixed a lot problems changing power supply capacitors. Had a Open box receiver 2 weeks ago blew a cap and sounded like a fire cracker. Was on the 20v lnbf circuit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)