Please reply by conversation.

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
Hey guys,
I hope you can help me here... :cool:
Is it possible for me to use my GeoSatPro C-2 on my 4DTV? If so, what settings in the DSR-920 menu would be made? I remember not long ago one of you members made a comment on how it is done.
Thanks!

i was not familliar with that lnbf but it seems to be a standard dual output c band lnbf.
On 4dtv you go to "options", "change system settings", "change installation settings", you will see option 2. "lnb settings". you can toggle through those options until it says "c band lnbf".
under neath you will see "feedhorn polarization" and options are "standard" and rotated 90 degrees.

you may have to play with that one because my dsr-905 always has to use "rotated 90" to work properly when i install the lnbf according to it's instructions.

You could always rotate or install the lnbf rotated 90 degrees on the dish and leave the setting as "standard". either way you will get a good signal on 4dtv.
If your running a fta receiver too, you will want the lnbf installed according to its directions so your polarity will be correct on your scanned in satellite transponders.

I ain't getting anywhere with the 920.
I tried the settings that truckracer mentioned but no results. I get a lot of snowy pictures and the signal is 10 when I am in the program menu. Signal doesn't move at all.
I don't know if the GeoSatPro c-2 would work with it. I reseted my 920 to reprogram it and not getting anywhere.
I am about to say The Hell With It and put the 920 back in the original place- my bedroom.
What am I missing?

Getting somewhere!!!
I am on G1-3 and getting the DCII light! It was my RG-6 cable end. I would move it a little and the signal strength would go 10 to 90 degrees. I cut off the end and replaced it but still have some problems with it. I have to move the RG-6 cable and force it to stay where I could get a steady signal.
I can't help wondering if the LNBF IF output may be bad, considering the age of the 920.
Anybody had problems with this on their equipment?

While on 99W I can get Tp 16, but not 17.
Is the 920 capable of switching polarities when changing TPs?
Or is it gonna be like regular IRDs that only have polarity on H or V?
I hope not...

Not bad...
I have my 920 hooked up on my 5 foot Wilson dish and GeoSatpro C-2.
All the DC II stuff is coming in great, the signal on GB is +7.9. That's on 403 (JCTV) and most satellites I programmed averaging +3.0 to +4.0.
Soon I will post on how the entire project is doing as far as the Wilson "Mini Bud" is doing. Tomorrow I will tie in the Quali.
Wish me luck!

cool
GB numbers can read high. On the 6 footer I can get 403 at +10.9 but others its really low.

If I remember right, my 905 sometimes had issues with vertical polarity channels off the C2 for some reason

Iceberg. that explains why I am having issues with the 99W satellite. At first I was only getting Tp 16. Normally I would get both 16 and 17 with the ORB-5000 IRD.
Now I can't get anything on that satellite. I got frustrated and left it along until later. The dish is tracking great and got most satellites programmed in the 4DTV.
I am looking forward using the Qualitv receiver with this setup.

i use a gospell dual output cband lnbf with my 920 and have no probs. maybe ill throw a c2 in the dish and see how it works. have to find some gloves though cuz it is still frigid. its still over -40 with the wind. im to stubborn to buy a jacket too and a hooded sweatshirt is cold no matter how many layers i put underneath.

crackt out,.

MrFTAman, don't give up. It depends if the receiver is capable of operating a voltage controlled LNBF and is selected the proper way. Even if the box cannot you can slave it with one that can.

I have a C2 on one of my Prodelin dishes and a Gospell on the other. The skew didn't seem to relate to the markings on the C2 the day I was setting it up. I almost think one port is different than the other ??? In any case, I need better weather to experiment to verify that, for now it works and the snow is too deep out there to play.

....my dsr-905 always has to use "rotated 90" to work properly when i install the lnbf according to it's instructions.

... If your running a fta receiver too, you will want the lnbf installed according to its directions so your polarity will be correct on your scanned in satellite transponders.
Here's the proper way to install, by Iceberg.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/186011-setup-geosat-pro-c2.html#post1939026
But, also read the entire thread for encouragement.

I'm not 4D'er, but I thought there were two settings on those receivers.
One to go to "voltage controlled" LNBF, and another to "rotate 90 degrees".
However, by now I'd have thought that would be posted if true... ? :rolleyes:
(does "rotate 90 degrees" imply you are voltage controlled?)

Sooo...
What you guys is saying is that the skew isn't quite right on the dish. I don't know, because while hooked up to the ORB-5000 IRD it was changing Tps and its proper polarities.
Here's the settings on the 920 4DTV:
1. Select Actuator LINEAR/EAST
2. LNB Type: C-BAND LNBF
3. Adjust LNB offset 0.00 MHZ
4. Feedhorn Polarization STANDARD

I tried switching LNB type to different LNBs, adjusting the LNB offset, and setting the polarization to Rotated 90 degrees.
Maybe the 920 not able to voltage control the LNB?

While on the GB satellite, I can change Tps like 823 to 824, etc... (the DC II Tps).
It seems the problems is the changing between Tps 1 to 24 on the analog part of each satellites.

since the 905 has no analog option I cant help with that but I know for digital there were 2 things
1. LNB needed to be set 90 degrees physically (as anole linked to)
2. There is a setting in the 4DTV to "rotate 90 degrees" to make it work too...I dont have the settings handy

Thank you Guys!
I will email Skyvision and check each forums. I notice that I can buy LNBFs that will work with the 4DTV. But how?
It is strange that it will work on all DC II Tps but not on analog Tps (as far as changing polarities). I don't see how...
If it can change polarities on DC II Tps than it should do same as analog.
Those of you who have 4DTV receivers, please check out your receivers and see if the analog Tps can change (like 99W Tps 16 and 17) while using the voltage regulated LNBFs.
It worked great when my 4DTV was hooked up to the regular C/Ku feedhorn wiith a servo motor.

Thank you Guys!
I will email Skyvision and check each forums. I notice that I can buy LNBFs that will work with the 4DTV. But how?
It is strange that it will work on all DC II Tps but not on analog Tps (as far as changing polarities). I don't see how...
If it can change polarities on DC II Tps than it should do same as analog.
Those of you who have 4DTV receivers, please check out your receivers and see if the analog Tps can change (like 99W Tps 16 and 17) while using the voltage regulated LNBFs.
It worked great when my 4DTV was hooked up to the regular C/Ku feedhorn wiith a servo motor.

Is it really receiving both polarities on DCII?

If anything the analog should be easier to tune.

Could it be on G16 the TP17 wasn't active at the time of testing?

i just checked. i use a gospell dual lnbf. changes polarites fine. tuned scn on tp 16 and disney abc bars on tp 17. i have a c2 i could try but itll have to wait for better weather. winch chill warning here. maybe tomorrow or thursday.

crackt out,.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts