4dtv motorola dsr 920 help please.....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dannyidp

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
ga.
I'm not sure if I am posting in the right place or not.I just purchased a 920 from sky vision (I know I'm like 10 years behind) I can't find the unit id on the box anywhere so how do I know that the box is good? The receiver id is on the box and it matches but can't find the unit id.

The box has a refurbished sticker on there I talked to the company before I purchased the unit and ask them had the battery been replaced and they could not tell me so I plan on getting a battery asap.

I have a s9 air box and I was also wondering do I need to slave this box or just use the over priced 920? thanks for any and all info.Dan...

Since you just purchased the unit from them I'm sure that they have already replaced the battery as that would be the first thing they would do. But, they still should be able to tell you, I'd call and ask them again.
As far as the serial number you can have it located in two spots, one is on the back near the small UHF antenna for the remote and the other is on the top of the chassis inside the unit. Check it against your display, Option, 6,5,B which is the receiver number also and should match the other one's.

Several years ago I purchased a DSR410 from Skyvision and they DID NOT replace the battery and it was lost due to a dead battery later on. I learned my lesson.

dannyidp said:
I'm not sure if I am posting in the right place or not.I just purchased a 920 from sky vision (I know I'm like 10 years behind) I can't find the unit id on the box anywhere so how do I know that the box is good? The receiver id is on the box and it matches but can't find the unit id.

The box has a refurbished sticker on there I talked to the company before I purchased the unit and ask them had the battery been replaced and they could not tell me so I plan on getting a battery asap.

I have a s9 air box and I was also wondering do I need to slave this box or just use the over priced 920? thanks for any and all info.Dan...

I would be really surprised if it had a new bat.

If the UA starts with all 000- your good.

Replacing the battery should be standard in refurnishing the 410 or any 4DTV, at least if I was doing it as the battery is a well know issue. I'm not sure if Skyvision does their own work or hires and outside company to do the work, someone might ask Mike Kohl on Sat Talk for the answer next week.

sergei said:
Replacing the battery should be standard in refurnishing the 410 or any 4DTV, at least if I was doing it as the battery is a well know issue. I'm not sure if Skyvision does their own work or hires and outside company to do the work, someone might ask Mike Kohl on Sat Talk for the answer next week.

Skyvision does not replace batteries all the time. They may have changed a few but I bet those were ones I sold them lol!!

I would be willing to bet a $100 if they are selling a DSR-920 for $259 they are not putting a new battery in.

I could be wrong call and ask for Paul the buck stops with him.

I have a 920 with a new battery and remapped the satellites as can be seen in other posts. Use a Dc block splitter if you are connecting FTA receivers to LNA wire to be safe. I have a Openbox S10 connected to my BUD. Use the 920 as a dish mover as most of my entertainment is on DVB now such as NASA and PBS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts