4DTV owners Satellite GB unmapped

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
All those with a 4dtv satellite GB has been unmapped by Motorola. So if you go to it it will bring up nothing. According to NPS the ACC is aware of the problem and working on it. So if you have problems it's not your receiver it's Motorola asleep at the switch.

No time frame when the problem will be fixed.

What's your channel count? mine is 4758. When did you update your guide last? Mine updated during the night was working fine yesterday.

Just did a online rehit GB came back, channel count 4844.

I know the ACC has been trying to map in some new DMX music locations on GB this is what is causing the issue. Until Motorola gets the thing right we can expect issues.

Does anyone know anything about the DMX channels moving to GB?

Last edited:
I looked at Transponder 13 (3960 H 29270) with TSReader. It shows 40 music channels in the mux. The service numbers that ACC have mapped in are wrong. They should be 150 through 189. I don't think there are any generics with those service numbers.

Wonder what there going to use the space for on W5 when DMX vacates? Probably more megapipe HD stuff. What would be great is if they would put some of the SD stuff we don't get now using the 19510 3/4 DC II. One can always hope :)

Looks like HITS currently is using 4 transponders for DMX on W5. 3800, 3820, 3880 & 3960. They also have video on those transponders so in theory they could add some video services to that bandwidth when DMX moves. Since they are 19510 3/4 it could be used for channels we could decode with the 4D. Only time and a lot of hope will tell.

Last edited:
DMX on 3800 uses 1.2 Mbps, 3820 uses .75Mbps, 3880 uses 3.0 Mbps and 3960 uses .75 Mbps of bandwidth. The video channels on W5 range from .8 to 4.5 Mbps. So they could add three to six channels depending on how much compression they decide to use.

There are now 15 HD channels in combo mode on AMC 18.:(

DMX on 3800 uses 1.2 Mbps, 3820 uses .75Mbps, 3880 uses 3.0 Mbps and 3960 uses .75 Mbps of bandwidth. The video channels on W5 range from .8 to 4.5 Mbps. So they could add three to six channels depending on how much compression they decide to use.

I wonder if there is something in the works going on behind closed doors we don't know about yet. If they added a few more of the basic channels to W5 we can get... SRL, Skyvision and Comcast could do some good competing with dish and direct for an alternative. I know Comcast would like that. I believe Programming Center (SRL) is also a cable company in Green Bay. This is why I think they have a better relationship with Comcast then NPS. That's why they offer more HITS stuff than NPS.

There is also a mux of HITS channels on Galaxy 15 (G1), that is supposed to be moved over to either AMC 18, AMC 1, or AMC 4 sometime soon...the mux on G1 also contains LOGO, I hope that this channel comes to W5 so I can sub to it. Dish currently hasn't added LOGO yet.

There is also a mux of HITS channels on Galaxy 15 (G1), that is supposed to be moved over to either AMC 18, AMC 1, or AMC 4 sometime soon...the mux on G1 also contains LOGO, I hope that this channel comes to W5 so I can sub to it. Dish currently hasn't added LOGO yet.

Those on G1 are Megapipe. LOGO is in the MTV Suite along with NICK west on C3 that is compatible with the 4D. But Viacom cut us off of those over a year ago.

My channel count is 4844 also.
My TDT went to 1920. But I haven't noticed any problems yet.
The DMX channels on GB still have the wrong service numbers.

My TDT dropped when GB disappeared, now it's back at 1748.

Humm that makes me wonder if mine has"fixed " it self too.
Ive been avoiding a MR to get W5 as my TDT was 1920.

edit
just tried it and no luck

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)