4dtv question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Randang

Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
I cannot have the tuning screen and the picture in the background at the same time when trying to adjust the satellite position. I have to press view everytime to check if the picture is there or not, then go back to 6-4-4 again to make the adjustment. Please help.

Thanks for the suggestion. but shouldn't the picture appear in the background behind the tuning screen? I think it used to work that way in the past.

Any idea why it is not doing it? It is very frustrating to have to go back and forth for every incremental change.

Well I know some newer tv's will go black if there is no pic, so that mite be it, if you have a old school tv try that one.

Well I know some newer tv's will go black if there is no pic, so that mite be it, if you have a old school tv try that one.
Careful now, the digital TV police/propagandeers will get you for countermanding their propaganda. "Digital tv is better" yadi,yadi.......horsefeathers!

Doesn't "behind the tuning screen" mean there is something up on the TV like a tuning menu? Or is the tuning menu on a different output?

The picture should still be displayed in the background when the adjust picture menu is on the screen. Depending on the route your using to get there, the screens are a little different.

Try using the arrow buttons on the remote while viewing. The screen will allow you to adjust dish position or skew (if not fitted with a voltage controlled LNBF). Just a banner will appear on the top of the screen with the info.

The options in the menu for picture adjustment also contain the quality reading on a digital channel. The menus are different on analog channels 1-24.

As far as modern TVs, when I tune to a non-existant analog channel that is just noise on my 922, my TV displays "check signal cable" and goes to a black screen in a few seconds. It hate that. It makes for fun tweaking a dish.

I do hate that my new tv's will power off in 10 minutes and go to a black screen if no video source (or what it deems is no video source). I have a couple of old school tv's for tuning.
a quasar 13" color crt tv.

I was using AV cables from the 4dtv to TV. I changed to coaxial cable, now I can see the picture.

Thanks team for the help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)