4DTV Same Sat different Message ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

artsim44

Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
Example : While on Sat G1, 100, HBO Ch., I get a " Searching for channel " message. If I go to Ch 176 Sat G1,Starz, I get a No Subscription message ?
I have two providers, one for the HBO, the other for Starze. This started when Fox News and CNN moved to Sat G3.
Right now I should have both Starz, and HBO on G1. I am getting Starz basic,
but I am not getting HBO ( I am Subscribed ). While on HBO Ch. or lower, my DC lite is not on, but while on Starz Ch. 150 and up the DC lite is not on ?
So I also do not have the IPG . When on G3, Fox News or CNN everything is fine. On Sat W5 I get some programs, green lit is on, I get both of the messsages above on different Ch. ? I replaced my LNB last year with a Norsat, and it made a great improvment.
I have contacted both providers, and Skyvision Techs, and I am told that it is not tuned in. I have tried to tune it in with the remote,but it does not improve./ I have tried lifting on the dish,but do not see much improvment.

Could the arc be a little off ? Shouild I start from scratch like when I first installed the dish 8 years ago ?
It's hard to imagine that on the same Sat, some Ch. come in great, and others, NOTHING !
Art S.

I made an ERROR on my message Sane Sat different message.

Correction : While on Sat G1 Ch. 150 and up, Starz, Green DC lite IS ON !

Art S.

HBO uses 7/8 FEC which means it has less error correction than Starz. This requires a well tuned dish. First tune to the Starz transponder and pull up your meter Options 6.5 tune the dish to the highest quality. Then go to HBO and see if you get any quality if so keep adjusting the dish for as high as you can get. I would venture that your azmuth is off a bit and the dish needs to be rotated on the pole to get it tuned back in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)