4dtv stuff in C-band, and visa-versa??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

B.J.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Western Maine
What's the use of having separate C-band and 4DTV sections if the 4DTV people fill up the C-band section with 4DTV stuff, and some general C-band stuff ends up in the 4DTV section?

Actually, the same is true for several other sub sections, ie Azbox stuff appears in at least 3 different sub-sections, PC card receiver related stuff shows up in different sections. Stuff that should be elsewhere shows up in that chat section. Also, something's posted in one section, then you go back to look for it, and it's no longer there because some moderator has decided that he'd rather see it in another sub forum, sometimes to a forum that the poster can't even get to.

I find that it takes me much longer to sort through posts, and find that I'm much more likely to miss posts that I'd be interested in with having to look through half a dozen different sub forums. I think it would be easier if everything was in one forum, but that's just my opinion.

But the C-band/4DTV thing is the thing that seems most mis-used. I just don't understand why people post so much 4DTV specific stuff in C-band, when right below it is a sub-forum that says 4DTV???

What's the use of having separate C-band and 4DTV sections if the 4DTV people fill up the C-band section with 4DTV stuff, and some general C-band stuff ends up in the 4DTV section?

Actually, the same is true for several other sub sections, ie Azbox stuff appears in at least 3 different sub-sections, PC card receiver related stuff shows up in different sections. Stuff that should be elsewhere shows up in that chat section. Also, something's posted in one section, then you go back to look for it, and it's no longer there because some moderator has decided that he'd rather see it in another sub forum, sometimes to a forum that the poster can't even get to.

I find that it takes me much longer to sort through posts, and find that I'm much more likely to miss posts that I'd be interested in with having to look through half a dozen different sub forums. I think it would be easier if everything was in one forum, but that's just my opinion.

But the C-band/4DTV thing is the thing that seems most mis-used. I just don't understand why people post so much 4DTV specific stuff in C-band, when right below it is a sub-forum that says 4DTV???

ill agree. forums are a database. and when they are not used properly the database lets the community down. still the mods do the best they can to keep the mayhem under control. i think the rules should have a quiz at the end that if you cant pass you cant post. my favorite is weak thread headings. they kind of disable the search thread title feature. haha.

crackt out,.

I noticed that too. I recon Iceberg and the modulators would get tired of moving the threads in its proper place all the time.
It doesn't bother me since I go back and forth between the C-Band and 4DTV forums all the time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts