4DTV subtitles

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
How do you get subtitles to work? I went into the options menu and set up spanish subtitles but there isn't any subtitles.

Maybe the station needs to be transmitting them like closed caption.

Some programs show CC on the screen but I can't get any CC to display. I've always had this problem with the 4DTV. OTA channels display CC so it's not the TV.

I think from the 4dtv standpoint, subtitles and closed captioning are 2 completely different things. Subtitles are similiar to DVD subtitles, where the different language subtitles are embedded in the movie datastream. When you select a language subtitle, the dvd player then decodes that designated datastream and displays the text as the movie progresses. However, closed captioning was originally designed for the folks with hearing problems, not as a language translator and the text was transmitted at the video signal level from the tv station. From reading the owner's manual, it looks like the 4dtv can decode subtitles if they are included in the datastream from the provider but there's no capabilities to decode closed captioning data. Maybe someone has more info on this. Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts