4dtv upgrade questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

htownjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2007
splendora tx
hi guys! i hope you all had a great weekend! i have heard alot of talk about 4dtv. i have a analog and dvb receiver and am curious about the 4dtv system. what are the advantages of a 4dtv other than the ala carte packaging? since i already get feeds from analog and dvb and have a dish network package what do i benefit from by getting a 4dtv? there are not many feeds in that format. right? thanks guys

Well 4dtv is best for movie channels, and if you sub to any analog now it would be a good idea to upgrade to 4dtv before all anlog cuts off in the next few months.

There are a few free DCII channels, not many though, cool if you lisen to music.

Take a look at the 4dtv programming providers websites, 4dtv is a great addition to cable or small dish mostly depending on what you watch, and if you are in to picture and sound quality.

Satellite Receivers C band and 4DTV satellite programming
NPS - Your One Call Solution - CBAND Satellite Programming C-band

The 4dtv is a c/ku receiver I have my dvb receiver slaved to my 4dtv, the 922 would be your best bet. There is no scanning required the 4dtv just needs to download it's maps, the 4dtv can then tune that DCII channels that are mapped into it's memory. The 4dtv also has a IPG only if you can tune in G-15 tranponder 3, this is cool if you have a sub for some programming, many 4d owners use other systems for there guide if they don't like the 4d guide or if they can't get G-15.

well i might get one so i can have all three formats. so not too many feeds for dtv but are there sub channels you can only get on 4dtv that isnt on dish network?

There may be some channels that you would get on Dish that you might not get on 4DTV, but the picture quality is night and day difference.

For a while I had my DSR920 and Dish hooked up to the same TV on different inputs, and I could tune to the same channel on both.

The difference was astounding when switching from one to the other.

Almost like having an impressionist painting of an object, and a realism painting of the same object. One you can barely make out what the artist has painted, and the other is crystal clear. :D

Just my opinion!

Fred

there are not many feeds in that format. right? thanks guys

really no "feeds" per say. There are some free channels

X4 (G4 KU) has a bunch of audio channels but the free channels are here and there. I enjoy Georgia PBS on K3 (AMC3 KU Band)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts