4K channel missing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tings00

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
utah
I just noticed my 540-01 4K channel is missing. I still have 540-02, but looking ahead I see nothing being broadcasted on it. Is my tv old or a setting I’m missing. Ive used 4K before but there hasn’t been much on it lately but maybe that’s because I was missing a channel. Any help?

What receiver are you using? Do you have a Favorite Channels set in your guide? If you do, change that to All Subscribed or Add 540-01 to your favorite.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I dont have either of channels im on h3~joey 4k, I remeber having them but there gone now, only 4k i see in guide now is from vod or ppv

I dont have either of channels im on h3~joey 4k, I remeber having them but there gone now, only 4k i see in guide now is from vod or ppv
When 540-01 and -02 went full HDR they were removed from the 4K Joey because you can't play them with HDR. Apparently the 4K Joey can't do HDR over satellite channels although HDR works fine with Amazon Prime.

Yes, but I meant to demonstrate 4K via Satellite. There probably no difference.
There is a Test Channel up but its not made available to customers. It just shows a moving DISH 4K logo (in 4K HDR). I wish they would open it up to all. The problem with 4K via satellite is it takes up a LOT of space.

I have a feeling when DISH turns off the MPEG2 it will open up some space and we could see some 4K finally besides VOD or once every week or so Football games.

With an Dish Android box, lots of FREE 4K to watch on YouTube. :D
only if you consider there 4k with tons compression to actual be 4k quality, there 4k quality is equal to what 1080p quality should be imo

before start doing 4K they need to get everything to be atlest 1080p feeds, which most are not dish predominately 1080i or lower for most channels and i not fan of 1080i feeds cause i can see interlacing in them which highly annoying.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts