4k from BBCA

Hmmm...wonder if this could be the start of channel 540 being a 4K events channel similar to the DirecTV 4K channels.

Maybe there is hope for a place on Dish for some of those FOX 4K sports broadcasts afterall. (we can dream, right?)

Last edited:
The channel number suggests it will be pay per view.

Some actual 4K content without additional cost would be nice.

Reactions: buist
The channel number suggests it will be pay per view.

Some actual 4K content without additional cost would be nice.
Go to the channel. It's advertised as a free promo channel, so we do indeed get to watch it for free!

What Dish receiver are you feeding your OLED with?
I'm not showing 4k either on my Sony. HDMI input is enhanced for 4k, TV is set to auto detect 720/1080/4k on H3 setup.
I'm wondering if signal is 4K currently or do we need to wait for material from show.

Well it looks 4K but input button on TV remote still shows 1080. But it always shows 1080 even lower resolution shows.

Figured it out. Changed HDMI cable first to 4K cable I had purchased and forgot about from my usual Twisted Veins 1.4 hdmi cable. No change did reboot on both H3 and TV and now display shows 4K. Happy camper....:clapping

Reactions: scottk52
My 55E6P OLED displays 4k, but says input is 1080i.
During last summers Olympics while Dish was replaying events in 4k I had that same result. I had my Dish / 4k setup on a splitter with 2 other HD sets. This caused H3 to down rez 4k to 1080i. Apparently, HDCP causes H3 to do this because of copy protection. Once I disconnected H3 from the splitter & plugged the HDMI directly into my 4k set it displayed true UHD.

Reactions: camo
I can't go through powered HDMI 4K splitter either. Its loses the 4K signal with hopper3. I don't have same issue with Roku or Firetv box the splitter works with 4K.

I can't go through powered HDMI 4K splitter either. Its loses the 4K signal with hopper3. I don't have same issue with Roku or Firetv box the splitter works with 4K.

It's just my wife & I so we don't need Joeys all over the house. I installed a splitter years ago that were 4k compatible "then". After H3 & purchasing a Samsung 4k set there wasn't any 4k on to test this setup until last years Olympics. It took a day or 2 to realize something was wrong because all they had on was jujitsu, where there's not a lot of detail. At that time an info check detected only 1080i. After bypassing the splitter & inserting the HDMI directly an info check confirmed it was now true UHD; 3840x2160 @ 60P no less!

Between HDMI & HDCP I don't know which one obsoletes equipment faster. HDMI has already changed their spec to v2.0a to support HDR. My new splitter will not pass 4k IF there is an HD set connected to it. If all our sets were 4k I presume all 4k would pass. This splitter is not HDMI 2.0a & neither are my HDMI cables so they're already obsolete for HDR. Love watching 4k but it can be expensive! ;)

Enjoy Planet Earth II, in 4k! :biggrin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)